Gigs

pilsner_ffc

Not been to a gig in ages, and now have a fair few this week, starting with Charley Crockett on Monday then The Gaslight Anthem on Tuesday.

The ‘59 Sound is easily in my top 10 records of all time, so I cannot wait for this show.
Ridiculously excited for TGA tomorrow. Bit of a shiter that The Flatliners had to pull out, but I've been wanting to see Dave Hause for a while so more than a suitable replacement.

On 22/07/2018 at 11:53, Moomintroll said:

Stupidly excited for Jeff Lynne in October, supposed to be an anniversary present for the in-laws but convinced I'm looking forward to it the most.

Going to see him again in Newcastle in October, he’s absolutely brilliant, you’ve every right to be excited 

rewind done at the weekend, some great sets. Lowlight the gipsy kings ffs, highlight OMD, just tremendous 

Guest Moomintroll
Going to see him again in Newcastle in October, he’s absolutely brilliant, you’ve every right to be excited 
rewind done at the weekend, some great sets. Lowlight the gipsy kings ffs, highlight OMD, just tremendous 
Weirdly OMD were my first ever gig, Edinburgh Playhouse around 85.

Steve Earle in Perth on thursday. I don't know that much about him but my mate is a big fan so I'm tagging along for the hell of it.

Rita Ora in Dundee on saturday. I managed to get a ticket for half price from someone who couldn't go. I'm going for a perv more than anything else. Rita is a definite wid. 

public image ltd  in Dundee in august. I'm well looking forward to this. I'm also going to see Lydon do a Q&A at the Whitehall theatre the night before.

Phenomenal, possibly the best gig I've ever been to. A packed Barrowlands singing along to every word of The '59 Sound is the stuff of dreams.

Don't think I've ever wept like I did when Dave and Tim played The Woodpile. First gig I've been to since Scott died and, even though I thought they'd probably do a cover, I was still in floods of tears. Took until The '59 Sound itself for me to compose myself. Out Lines and Julien Baker in the next couple months could be a struggle.

Can only echo what has been said above, an absolutely incredible show.

Would be a shame if The Gaslight Anthem go back on "hiatus" after this. I like Brian Fallon's solo stuff, but hearing those songs belted out by a packed and sweaty Barrowland was just incredible.

The Gaslight Anthem were brilliant. Loved every minute of it. Absolutely flew in and couldn't believe it was over so quickly, despite it being nearly 2 hours. 100% in the top 3 gigs I've ever been to.

Slaves in Dunfermline tonight. I foresee a sweatfest.

18 hours ago, kev23 said:

The Gaslight Anthem were brilliant. Loved every minute of it. Absolutely flew in and couldn't believe it was over so quickly, despite it being nearly 2 hours. 100% in the top 3 gigs I've ever been to.

Slaves in Dunfermline tonight. I foresee a sweatfest.

Is Slaves the band with the singer who doesn't care for upper body clothing?  If so, they garnered quite the rave reviews at SxSW this year.