Gigs

pilsner_ffc

8 hours ago, mjw said:

That Battersea power station set up was something else.
Boy next to me went mental when he was on about human rights, called him a c**t and stormed out.
One song to go.

And missed Comfortably Numb - clown. 

The bears weren't happy when he mentioned Celtic and Palestine. 

The Battersea Power Station was brilliant - Great idea

And missed Comfortably Numb - clown. 
The bears weren't happy when he mentioned Celtic and Palestine. 
The Battersea Power Station was brilliant - Great idea
Did he mention celtic on Friday?
He said he was staying away from football last night.

Great gig by Roger Waters in Glasgow Friday. Although I thought things were going to kick off when he mentioned one side of the arse cheeks!

Battersea down the middle and the prism were magnificent. The interval screen was also well worth a read. Did find it funny some folk complaining it was "political".  Take it none of them own to many of his solo albums!

Next a trip to Motherwell on Monday for Sons Of Apollo! A first for me as only ever been in Motherwell to go to football.  Strange but a change from normal.

Hopped along to the Fiesta yesterday which was as below;

Craig Charles - Utterly wankered as per but enjoyable set all in. Nice way to start the day.

Pointer Sisters - Sound issues the entire set which stopped any momentum going.

De La Soul - Disappointingly shite. Spent 90% doing call and answer interaction which stopped anyone actually enjoying the tunes.

Nile Rodgers & Chic - Up there with one of the best gigs I've ever been to. When you have a man whose initial band churned out a ton of disco/funk stonkers but also had a hand in some of the best pop songs of the past few decades you're onto a winner already. Combine that with a tight as f**k band and the sunshine and you have something special. Not even gonna pretend I didn't belt along to Like A Virgin like a total fanny.

17 hours ago, mrcat1990 said:

Hopped along to the Fiesta yesterday which was as below;

Craig Charles - Utterly wankered as per but enjoyable set all in. Nice way to start the day.

Pointer Sisters - Sound issues the entire set which stopped any momentum going.

De La Soul - Disappointingly shite. Spent 90% doing call and answer interaction which stopped anyone actually enjoying the tunes.

Nile Rodgers & Chic - Up there with one of the best gigs I've ever been to. When you have a man whose initial band churned out a ton of disco/funk stonkers but also had a hand in some of the best pop songs of the past few decades you're onto a winner already. Combine that with a tight as f**k band and the sunshine and you have something special. Not even gonna pretend I didn't belt along to Like A Virgin like a total fanny.

Chic were excellent on Saturday. Was laughing at Craig Charles myself. Probably the most mangled guy in there at 3 in the afternoon! Only downside was the queues i thought which took the piss. I missed a full act waiting for a pint. 

Was in Motherwell last night for Sons Of Apollo. Really cracking venue the civic hall. 

Good size stage, excellent sound. Although I did feel when I went in I was back in school for assembly.  Could do with larger bars and more variety of beers (only 2 lagers in bottles) but if they start putting on more rock style gigs they might change that.

Band themselves were absolutely fantastic. Plenty of virtuosity but also a shit load of fun. A couple of Dream Theater songs and some Queen as well ("The Prophet Song"?)  adding to a great set. Those of a more metal persuasion might be advised to check them out in Glasgow later in the year.

1 hour ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

We Were Promised Jetpacks and The Twilight Sad announcing stuff in the same week. Haud me fucking back.

I'm sure there'll be a Glasgow date some time (there's an NME interview out today where Andy says the new Twilight Sad album will be out in January) or place, but since there's currently only two gigs planned for London and Edinburgh I've decided I'm going to the latter. What are the Liquid Rooms like?

I'm sure there'll be a Glasgow date some time (there's an NME interview out today where Andy says the new Twilight Sad album will be out in January) or place, but since there's currently only two gigs planned for London and Edinburgh I've decided I'm going to the latter. What are the Liquid Rooms like?

Glasgow date won’t be until next year after the record comes out. Decided I’m going to do Munich, London and Edinburgh on this run. The new single is fucking incredible, and I’ve missed seeing them live so much.

The Liquid Room is a decent venue. I find that they oversell it, so it’s properly tightly packed when a gig is sold out, but the sound has always been great any time I’ve been there.

6 minutes ago, GrahamJags said:

Glasgow date won’t be until next year after the record comes out. Decided I’m going to do Munich, London and Edinburgh on this run. The new single is fucking incredible, and I’ve missed seeing them live so much.

The Liquid Room is a decent venue. I find that they oversell it, so it’s properly tightly packed when a gig is sold out, but the sound has always been great any time I’ve been there.

I'm a bit apprehensive about my first experience of Keep Yourself Warm being filled with Embronians but, well, not really an excuse to miss this sort of thing given the circumstances.