Gigs

pilsner_ffc

11 hours ago, G-MAN said:

Monday Night.

BRMC.

emoji41.png

Enjoy, one my best ever gigs was seeing BRMC at King Tuts about 10 years ago.

It was that good one guy was totally overcome and did a falling tree impression and  whacked his nut off the bench bit up the back, straight back he went, definitely the best faint I've ever seen, was a sair yin but I'm ashamed to say I laughed like f**k!

Was in Ibiza last week on a lads holiday, and quite a few of the boys I was with are right into their techno. Got dragged along to see a few DJs and I actually can’t comprehend how anyone can enjoy listening to that. Absolutely fucking awful.

Was in Ibiza last week on a lads holiday, and quite a few of the boys I was with are right into their techno. Got dragged along to see a few DJs and I actually can’t comprehend how anyone can enjoy listening to that. Absolutely fucking awful.

Why go to ibiza then

The Rita Ora gig in Dundee last night was a pretty miserable experience.

It's not my scene but I scored a ticket from a friend of a friend who was no longer able to go. 

There were a few support acts but I pitched up later in the evening, just in time to catch some outfit called Sigma. They were fucking shite. Really pish "EDM" music with some guy jumping around shouting stuff like: "Make some noise Dundee".

I retreated to the bar, where I paid a fiver for a can of San Miguel. 

The weather took a turn for the worse and I was soaked and freezing cold by the time the main act appeared. To be fair, Rita put on a decent show and was utterly professional in the face of terrible weather conditions. She's an entertainer and managed to get the crowd going. There was a pretty tacky moment though, when some bearded guy with a snapback cap was invited onto the stage and proposed to his burd. I was kinda disappointed when she said yes.

This is music for the facebook/instagram generation and a lot of the crowd seemed to spend more time taking selfies than anything else.

I don't regret going but I'm no hurry to rush back to an event like that.

Why go to ibiza then

Half a dozen of my pals had already booked up and then some more of us added on, thought why not as I hadn’t been before. Enjoyed most of it, Eden on the Sunday was decent but Elrow on the Saturday night was absolutely horrendous. I’ve got a pretty broad taste of music but I just can’t see how anyone could listen to that :lol: DJ Badboy in the highlander much preferable IMO :P

On 7/29/2018 at 01:51, Lichtie78 said:

I once made the mistake of venturing into the Dance Tent at T in the Park. Never felt so out of place in my life.

Gigs currently lined up between now and November-ish:

Deerhoof, Stella Donnelly, Future Get Down, Estrons, Parquet Courts, Metric

plus the annual trip to End of the Road. Thinking of adding in Superorganism, and a trip to either Manchester or Dublin for Beach House. Maybe Lucy Dacus, Amber Arcades and The Lovely Eggs, though I'll leave those ones until nearer the time. And maybe I should give Goat Girl another go though I was pretty underwhelmed when I saw them last year. 

There's plenty good music going on, anyhow.

3 hours ago, Yoss said:

Gigs currently lined up between now and November-ish:

Deerhoof, Stella Donnelly, Future Get Down, Estrons, Parquet Courts, Metric

plus the annual trip to End of the Road. Thinking of adding in Superorganism, and a trip to either Manchester or Dublin for Beach House. Maybe Lucy Dacus, Amber Arcades and The Lovely Eggs, though I'll leave those ones until nearer the time. And maybe I should give Goat Girl another go though I was pretty underwhelmed when I saw them last year. 

There's plenty good music going on, anyhow.

Love Metric. They’re touring over here with Smashing Pumpkins but tix are just ridiculously expensive.