Gigs

pilsner_ffc

This coming Sunday, I will mostly be going to see Brian Wilson performing Pet Sounds, which is nice.
Shame they've moved it from Princes Street Gardens to The Playhouse, but it should still be magical. 
Caught him performing that at Kendal last year. Superb show

13 hours ago, paranoid android said:

This coming Sunday, I will mostly be going to see Brian Wilson performing Pet Sounds, which is nice.

Shame they've moved it from Princes Street Gardens to The Playhouse, but it should still be magical. 

I'm sure Brian Wilson won't have clue where he is anyway, guy looked completely lost the last time I saw him.

Still a living legend though....barely.

Clocking out of work shortly to head to the Kelvingrove bandstand for Fleet Foxes.  Possibly my favourite band and I've not yet seen them due to a combination of me being unavailable every time they've played and their 6 year hiatus from the music scene.  To say I am excited would be an understatement. 

10 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Clocking out of work shortly to head to the Kelvingrove bandstand for Fleet Foxes.  Possibly my favourite band and I've not yet seen them due to a combination of me being unavailable every time they've played and their 6 year hiatus from the music scene.  To say I am excited would be an understatement. 

I'm sure they'll be great and the weather should hold out. Robin Pecknold sang a song acapella and with no mic when I saw them at the ABC many moons ago, you could have heard a pin drop and the place was packed to the rafters, terrific band.

ETA: Back then Father John Misty was a minor solo artist going by the moniker J Tillman, who was quite happy to play drums in a great band, now he's just a bellend. :lol:

Edited by Tommy Nooka

1 minute ago, Tommy Nooka said:

I'm sure they'll be great and the weather should hold out. Robin Pecknold sang a song acapella and with no mic when I saw them at the ABC many moons ago, you could have heard a pin drop and the place was packed to the rafters, terrific band.

It's criminal that I haven't seen them yet, Pecknold is a bit of a hero for me. Honestly can't wait.

Tonight I'm off to see Shh Diam! who are a Queercore band from Malaysia. No idea what they like. I'm only going for the support acts.

Guttfull who remind me a lot of X-Ray Spex but a bit more soulful. Sax sounds awesome.

Screaming Toenail who are just a great punk band

And Irn-Brunette who, I think, this is just their third gig. I saw their first gig and they were really good. Kinda like The Buzzcocks with a Poundland Freddie Mercury singing.

Guest Moomintroll
Lovely weather for Party at the Palace today. Looking forward to Complete Stone Roses, Cast and James playing a 5 minute walk from my house.
Jealous af about that line up, plus you have the added bonus that the guy who is being Ian Brown can actually sing live unlike the real thing.

Complete Stone Roses and Cast were excellent at Party at the Palace. James were very poor.
James done their usual, played way too many album tracks.

Might just have been me as I was sober. First visit to PATP and couldn't believe the amount of people who were absolutely mortal at what I thought was a family/children friendly festival. Between Gabrielle and James a fight broke out just behind us between two grown men that sent everyone in their path flying. One of the men got arrested. There were families and kids nearby. Not the atmosphere I expected.

Still on a positive note looking forward to Peter Hook and Texas today.