Gigs

pilsner_ffc

Ian Felice last night.
Very good. Played some of his own stuff and a few Felice Brothers songs. Also played some songs from the upcoming Felice Brothers album that'll be released next spring.
No Ballad of Lou The Welterweight sadly (I've seen a video of him playing it in Edinburgh last year) but a really good set of songs.
Nice one, i love the felice brothers was gutted when they cancelled their last tour but glad Iain is fit again, they haven't played over here for a few years but fingers crossed maybe get to see them if they tour the new album

Some of the new stuff sounded really good.

I know Ian played Edinburgh last year and Simone played the Macintosh Church when they had the moon exhibition thing there. I had a ticket for the cancelled Celtic Connections gig but if all is as well as can be when you're talking about the Felice Brothers, I'd be hopeful of a tour in support of the new album.

19 minutes ago, BallochSonsFan said:

Some of the new stuff sounded really good.

I know Ian played Edinburgh last year and Simone played the Macintosh Church when they had the moon exhibition thing there. I had a ticket for the cancelled Celtic Connections gig but if all is as well as can be when you're talking about the Felice Brothers, I'd be hopeful of a tour in support of the new album.

Last time I saw the Felice Brothers. that Christmas guy was away with the fairies and playing bass to the moon.  It was a ramshackle mess, but it was fun as hell.  Definitely a three pint gig though.

On 29/10/2018 at 11:59, GrahamJags said:

I manage the support - Das Plastixx. Get down early if you can.

Either way, Elvana are tremendous. Saw them the last two years they've been here. 

Was impressed with Das Plastixx, sound was a bit muddled where I was standing though.  Some good songs, will check out online.

Elvana were indeed tremendous, i’m hobbling today and have a number of bruises, always a good sign.

Echo and the Bunnymen at Tivolivredenberg Utrecht,  I've wanted to see them for years but just as I was getting into them in the 80's Ian McCulloch left the band and Pete Defreitas died, managed to see McCulloch live at the barrolands around 89/90, so when this was announced I was really excited, initially they were supposed to be playing with a string section who pulled out without explanation a few days before, this annoyed me slightly as hearing songs like ocean rain and the killing moon with strings was a big reason for buying the ticket, anyway the gig itself was really good, the band were tight and McCulloch was in good form and Will Sergeant's guitar work was lovely, only downside was it made me feel a little old, at one point I turned to my mate and said "ah this is a newer song" to which my mate replied 'this song was released over 20 years ago" where does the time go eh? Oh and the venue is like an Escher drawing I got lost twice going to the toilet.

On the way back to the hotel from Lykke Li. First time in the seating of the O2 Brixton and the architecture at the top is absolutely stunning.

As for the gig, more atmospheric goodness with some great dance interludes through the show. Worth the trip.

Next: Within Temptation back on more familiar territory in Glasgow.

Pixies at Camden roundhouse was decent seeing some oddities but sort of tailed off. Odd selection of filler songs too with minimal banter from Charles as expected. Some utter arseholes at the gig who are old enough to know better, don’t think I’ll be travelling to London for a gig anytime soon.