Gigs

pilsner_ffc

On 5/28/2019 at 20:48, TheIntenseHummingOfEvil said:

The Manics were amazing as always, playing This Is My Truth, Tell Me Yours in full then following that with a mix of old classics and some surprises.

However, their support act were dire.

Gwenno is a strange one to support Manics - First album was in Welsh while her new album is in Cornish. Never thought it would be popular at a Manics gig although I would think her old band the Pipettes might have been popular. 

I watched Gwenno at Mono last week and thought the gig was wonderful. 

Edited by betting competition

Passed the crowds on the way to the airport in the evening. Jaysus.

It pished down the whole afternoon from 1300hrs on and only stopped as the show was about to start. Everyone was told not to bring a bag or an umbrella and every daft hoor in attendance brought both. Do women only go to two gigs ever? Can none read the back of a ticket?

The road out to Murrayfield was a disgrace. If football or rugby types had left that trail of debris the complaining would be going on for weeks.

Noel Gallagher was on great form last night. Was taking the piss out of Caley after a section of the crowd boo'd when he asked if there was any City fans there. 

His new stuff sounded ok if a bit non-rock and roll.  Highlights for me were What a Life, Little by Little and his version of Whatever. 

He was also utterly perplexed as to why at half 9 last night it was still broad daylight. He's clearly never been this far north in the summer before. 

Edited by TheScarf

Last night was the first time I’d seen him and I enjoyed it. Not as familiar with his new stuff but it was still good. Also saw most of Razorlight as well. I hadn’t been aware they were still going but they were alright.

On a sour note, me and the brer got into the grounds at 6.15 and only had to wait 5 minutes in the queue to get served.  By 7.30 it was an hour wait minimum, so had to make do with soft drinks from one of the burger vans once we had finished our beers.  No idea what that single filing system they had going on was all about.