Gigs

pilsner_ffc

On 22/04/2019 at 16:22, CountyFan said:

Dropkick Murphy's tonight anyone? 

18 hours ago, Micky said:

I was there. What a live band they are.
Carnage at the front / in the pit. I emerged a sweaty shambles two hours later. My old bones are aching today.

Every time I watch The Departed I end up listening to 'I'm Shipping up to Boston' on repeat for an hour.  Fantastic song.

Anyone seen Happy Monday's live. Out of the blue my wife got me a ticket for the hits tour for later this year. 
Saw them 29 years ago they were decent i think, everyone was out of it... including me.

Saw black grape mid 90s they were terrible, that's the only gig I've ever left early

19 hours ago, stevieKTID said:

Great news today The Twilight Sad are coming back to Amsterdam in the autumn and The Felice Brothers will be here early next year!

Felice Brothers tickets, for some reason, are already on sale for next year.

Great news today The Twilight Sad are coming back to Amsterdam in the autumn and The Felice Brothers will be here early next year!
I'm hoping to get over to the twilight sad. A Saturday night in Amsterdam sounds very acceptable. Fingers crossed I can double up with a decent game whilst I'm over.

18 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

Felice Brothers tickets, for some reason, are already on sale for next year.

I'm sure it was like that last time around, got the tickets early then a few weeks before the gig Ian Felice had some health issues and the tour was cancelled.

14 hours ago, Le Tout P'ti FC said:
On 4/24/2019 at 18:08, stevieKTID said:

I'm hoping to get over to the twilight sad. A Saturday night in Amsterdam sounds very acceptable. Fingers crossed I can double up with a decent game whilst I'm over.

Nice one! It's in Paradiso which is a great venue, haven't been to a gig there in a while.

1 hour ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

When did it get upgraded? I didn't know it was on until I saw it in the Metro this morning. By the time I got home and online it was at SWG3. 

They changed it this morning, I'm pretty sure the gig was almost sold out during pre-sale on Wednesday. 

Managed to get a ticket for the We Are Scientists gig when it was still due to be played at Oran Mor.
I've never been to SWG3 for a gig before, how is it as a venue? 

The Galvanizers room (which is where WAS is) is very good. It’s about ABC sized and has decent sound.

The TV Studio is probably the worst venue in Glasgow for live music. Purpose built for clubs so gigs sound horrendous in there.

On 24.4.2019 at 11:04, Demented Zebra said:

Anyone seen Happy Monday's live. Out of the blue my wife got me a ticket for the hits tour for later this year. 

Saw them at The Docks in Hamburg ca, 1991. Brilliant gig. Interesting to see how well they've aged.

On 24.4.2019 at 18:08, stevieKTID said:

Ticket purchased for the Hamburg gig in November.

On 26/04/2019 at 22:06, GrahamJags said:

The TV Studio is probably the worst venue in Glasgow for live music. Purpose built for clubs so gigs sound horrendous in there.

Ah. Glad it's not just me. Seen one gig there and thought it was pretty terrible, for sound and other reasons. Don't plan to go back.

Luckily, most of the shite I listen to is in smaller venues anyway.