Gigs

pilsner_ffc

Dry Cleaning in Manchester tonight. Absolutely brilliant. Just a great band. Interestingly mixed crowd. 18 year olds all the way up to 60 I would say.

PXL_20220225_221250979.MP.jpg

Next for me will be Cate Le Bon in Manchester in March 

Edited by Christophe

Beans on Toast at Stereo tonight to kick off a nice wee run of gigs. Have Enola Gay at Broadcast tomorrow, Pale Waves at the O2 Academy on Saturday and Biffy at SWG3 on Sunday.

On a related note, does anyone have any earplugs for gigs that they would recommend? After one too many gigs, I've caused permanent hearing loss in one ear and should probably take some steps to avoid losing it in the other.

14 hours ago, Ex Machina said:

Beans on Toast at Stereo tonight to kick off a nice wee run of gigs. Have Enola Gay at Broadcast tomorrow, Pale Waves at the O2 Academy on Saturday and Biffy at SWG3 on Sunday.

On a related note, does anyone have any earplugs for gigs that they would recommend? After one too many gigs, I've caused permanent hearing loss in one ear and should probably take some steps to avoid losing it in the other.

Alpine Music Pro or something like that.  You can adjust the settings depending if you are going to see Mogwai or James Taylor. 

On 05/02/2022 at 22:51, KirkySuperSub said:

I don't know if this allowed, especially given my band's on the bill, but if anyone is free on Saturday 05th March, the line up to the Glasgow March Of The Mods at the Classic Grand is superb this year.

Full day event from 2.30pm, tickets £15, with every penny raised going to the Teenage Cancer Trust charity.

What's not to like?!

FB_IMG_1644101321432.jpg

Anyone of a Mod / Northern Soul persuasion at a loose end tomorrow, this is on at The Classic Grand in Glasgow tomorrow, all dayer starting at 2.30pm 👍

Tangerine Dream at St Lukes on Monday. Never been there so wondering if it's standing, seated or dependent on the band? They have always been a sitting experience all the times ive seen them. Feeder and Yes coming up and just realised yesterday that Gong are in town.

Tangerine Dream at St Lukes on Monday. Never been there so wondering if it's standing, seated or dependent on the band? They have always been a sitting experience all the times ive seen them. Feeder and Yes coming up and just realised yesterday that Gong are in town.
Excellent venue. Compact enough to give you a decent view wherever you go.

Set up depends on band, but has usually been standing when I've been there.

If seating is important to you, upstairs on the balcony there are both standing and seated areas, and a wee bar that's much quicker to get served from.

Cheers[emoji106] Not driven about that neck of the woods for several years so I'll check that out.
You'll have no bother getting parked around Oran Mor. Parking bays on Great Western Road should be free during the evening, or turning onto Queen Margaret Drive to park near the Botanics is free all day anyway. If you aim roughly for the bridge over the Kelvin on QMD you'll be fine. Two minutes walk to the venue.