The Next St. Mirren Manager....

You pays your money and you takes your choice...  

450 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Wait... so if one team has been through it, that means they can't comment on another? Surely that makes them even more qualified to make a judgment?

Where did I say they couldn't comment?

What a drama queen.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why are you being so confrontational? He made a totally fair comment about the current state of the club and how he would see to make it better..

#leaveityeah

You find asking a reasonable question confrontational?

Strange bunch...

Sake Lex, no wonder everyone hates us. :lol:

The fact is we haven't been let down on the park recently. We've been incredibly mediocre though and sitting about 'our level' which is probably Upper Championship/Lower Premiership. The thing is though that now we're debt free and have a great set up we haven't actually improved and are really being put to shame by other teams of similar size to us such as ICT, St Johnstone and Motherwell and to a lesser extent Kilmarnock and Ross County. And now Hamilton and Dundee (this season) too. That's 7 Clubs of a similar stature to us who are outperforming us and there is absolutely no reason why we shouldn't be challenging for a top six spot.

I'm not saying we should be in the top six, but we can't even make an attempt which is galling.

Jamie Fullarton will be interviewed for the job apparently. A gamble but I suppose no more so than Teale or Thompson - although if his hair still looks like these we shouldn't touch him! http://www.costaunida.com/#/club-founder/4531002600

The Sun also says Alex Miller is interested but is likely to be told to do one.

Eric Black and Dougie Freedman have applied too apparently.

Both would be decent enough appointments. Bit of managerial experience and plenty contacts down south.

Eric Black and Dougie Freedman have applied too apparently.

Both would be decent enough appointments. Bit of managerial experience and plenty contacts down south.

Freedman would be a great appointment. Surprised he's interested, actually.

Freedman would be a great appointment. Surprised he's interested, actually.

Not really convinced by Freedman at all. Didn't exactly do that well at Bolton who would have more cash than us even if they were in financial trouble.

Gregg Wylde ain't a fan either, he was slating him on twitter a while back.

I'm intrigued by Jamie fullartons application. A bit left field but think that's what we need.

Seems to have cut his teeth at the academy in spain and now at bolton academy. He must have an abundance of contacts and knowledge of the English lower leagues (youngsters) as well.

Put it this way, can't be any worse that tommy.

Sake Lex, no wonder everyone hates us. :lol:

The fact is we haven't been let down on the park recently. We've been incredibly mediocre though and sitting about 'our level' which is probably Upper Championship/Lower Premiership. The thing is though that now we're debt free and have a great set up we haven't actually improved and are really being put to shame by other teams of similar size to us such as ICT, St Johnstone and Motherwell and to a lesser extent Kilmarnock and Ross County. And now Hamilton and Dundee (this season) too. That's 7 Clubs of a similar stature to us who are outperforming us and there is absolutely no reason why we shouldn't be challenging for a top six spot.

I'm not saying we should be in the top six, but we can't even make an attempt which is galling.

What about us? :(

The thing is there are always going to be a number of clubs around our size who cycle from mid Premier League to mid first division, probably all the teams you mentioned, us and Falkirk. You've been in the middle/upper half of that pack for quite a while and became disillusioned that you couldn't push on towards the top, so chucked Lennon. Being in the middle of that pack is a pretty decent achievement I think because you're always going to have a few teams (ICT, Motherwell and St J) who go through a prolonged spell of being pretty good, and certainly somewhere I'd settle for Thistle staying for a few years.

I'm intrigued by Jamie fullartons application. A bit left field but think that's what we need.

Seems to have cut his teeth at the academy in spain and now at bolton academy. He must have an abundance of contacts and knowledge of the English lower leagues (youngsters) as well.

I did a quick Google earlier and the comments about his departure from Bolton suggest seems to be he wasn't well liked by the youth players and coaches. Was also coach at Bristol Rovers and Palace before following Freedman to Bolton.

Dunno how much truth there is in the Freedman or Bothroyd things. Doubt I'd take either.

What about us? :(

The thing is there are always going to be a number of clubs around our size who cycle from mid Premier League to mid first division, probably all the teams you mentioned, us and Falkirk. You've been in the middle/upper half of that pack for quite a while and became disillusioned that you couldn't push on towards the top, so chucked Lennon. Being in the middle of that pack is a pretty decent achievement I think because you're always going to have a few teams (ICT, Motherwell and St J) who go through a prolonged spell of being pretty good, and certainly somewhere I'd settle for Thistle staying for a few years.

Not quite. Performances and results last season were just as bad this season. Letting Danny go wasn't the mistake, appointing TC as his replacement was.

Me and you couldn't be any worse than Tommy

Not quite. Performances and results last season were just as bad this season. Letting Danny go wasn't the mistake, appointing TC as his replacement was.

Results last season were clearly not as bad as this one, that's nonsensical. Last season all the teams discussed other than those going through a prolonged decent spell were all of a similar standard, hence the league table at the end of the season. You'd just won a major trophy a little over a year previous. It was hardly the worst position to be in. Surely with the benefit of hindsight you would go back and keep Lennon?

Archived