The Next St. Mirren Manager....

You pays your money and you takes your choice...  

450 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Wylde is on the way back from injury.

Stu, on 10 Dec 2014 - 13:51, said:

snapback.png

That player is Plummer , Chico said it was him on Air.

Thought it might be. I was hearing the story second hand from my mum who is not the most reliable of sources. She thought the player's name began with an A :lol:

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While I admit there's an element of truth in Alloa's Cup win over Rangers pushing his name into the lime-light recently, to say he was 'very poor' is ridiculous to say the least. Did he struggle to galvanise and command a thread-bare, choas-soaked Dundee following a last-minute inclusion into the SPL? Absolutely.

Was he a bad manager? No, not in my opinion.

He proved his weight in gold in the -25pt Deefiant season (which appears to have inspired your username, short memory... ) — our unexpected inclusion in the SPL seasons' circumstances had a lot of people out of their comfort zone, not just Barry. He didn't even have an assistant manager for much of his time as Dundee manager. IMO it was simply a step too far for him, too soon.

He won't go for (or get) the St Mirren job but I don't think it's fair to say he was a bad manager.

Hearing what you want from my post. I said the Deefiant season was brilliant and he will always be a legend for that to me (and his playing career).

Since then though his record has been very poor, there is no hiding from that I'm afraid. I'm on a phone here but im sure his win ratio is posted above and is Tommy Craig esque. Now there is mitigation in the way we were catapulted in but even bomber managed to improve that team when he took over whilst Barry looked out of ideas. The contrast in alloas results with Hartley and smith tells a story.

I also never said he was a bad manager, he is a young manager cutting his teeth and like I say I hope he develops into a great manager. That's not where he is now and this job (despite only being st Mirren) is too big for him at this stage of his career and could end up breaking his reputation in football. He showed at dens he wasn't ready for the premiership yet.

My main point was that had Alloa not beat sevco recently his name would not have even been in the hat for this gig never mind a bookies favourite. Apologies if it came across as belittling baz as that was never my intention.

A slight touch of sarcasm because it's a mystery why he hasn't had his big move? Maybe the fact he is overrated who knows. He does seem to have quite a large backroom staff for a part time team

I don't think it's a mystery, he's been a manager for 2 years and a lot of clubs in the top division may be looking for more experience than a short time at a part time club. Murray's also said on numerous occasions that part-time football suits him so that he can spend time with his young family. I agree with you, his back room staff is quite large for a part-time side but that's hardly a massive criticism is it?

Strange that a Falkirk fan thinks he's over-rated given the amount of times we've handed you your arse the last few seasons.

Lomas took us to third in the league and adapted his team around the players he had.

He also got a great effort from the players despite being unpopular with most people at the club and hating being there. He would certainly be miles ahead of Smith or Billy fucking Stark for me.

I'm surprised he apparently hasn't featured at all in SPFL managerial vacancies given what he did for us. That he was interviewed for the Carlisle vacancy shows he's wanting a job and is willing to travel again. He must have a terrible reputation amongst the SPFL community to be totally blanked.

Where did you get the 10k figure from? I would have thought we'd be looking for a bit more than that.

The BBC's St Mirren supporting producer, Douglas McNeil. No reason to think that he'd conjure it out of the ether. I suspect there will be a clause in Murray's contract to let him leave without too much fuss (ie - compensation required) should a 'bigger' club come calling.

Murray would probably be my first preference, though I am warming to Butcher till the end of the season.

Hearing what you want from my post. I said the Deefiant season was brilliant and he will always be a legend for that to me (and his playing career).

Since then though his record has been very poor, there is no hiding from that I'm afraid. I'm on a phone here but im sure his win ratio is posted above and is Tommy Craig esque. Now there is mitigation in the way we were catapulted in but even bomber managed to improve that team when he took over whilst Barry looked out of ideas. The contrast in alloas results with Hartley and smith tells a story.

I also never said he was a bad manager, he is a young manager cutting his teeth and like I say I hope he develops into a great manager. That's not where he is now and this job (despite only being st Mirren) is too big for him at this stage of his career and could end up breaking his reputation in football. He showed at dens he wasn't ready for the premiership yet.

My main point was that had Alloa not beat sevco recently his name would not have even been in the hat for this gig never mind a bookies favourite. Apologies if it came across as belittling baz as that was never my intention.

Fair play, pal — agree he's not ready for another SPL gig.

Crossed wires I guess.

There's absolutely no chance it will be Barry Smith, I'd love to know how he's the bookies favourite.

My guess is some good work by his agent. He won't even be considered for the position, never mind offered it.

There's absolutely no chance it will be Barry Smith, I'd love to know how he's the bookies favourite.

My guess is some good work by his agent. He won't even be considered for the position, never mind offered it.

Agreed.

Barry Smith is touting himself for the job, nothing more. Bookies must be playing a game or have it totally wrong.

For me I would have any of Ian Murray, Terry Butcher or Gary Locke. My main choice would be Murray. Apparently Dumbarton would only be looking for 10k compensation, so that shouldn't be a stumbling block even although we don't appear to have much cash at our disposal!

The odds are selected based on betting patterns.

The odds are selected based on betting patterns.

Partly, yes.

While on football betting, the Sporting Life football tipster - who usually gets things pretty close - has actually gone for Saints to win/draw at Celtic Park this weekend.

Nutter!

Partly, yes.

While on football betting, the Sporting Life football tipster - who usually gets things pretty close - has actually gone for Saints to win/draw at Celtic Park this weekend.

Nutter!

Lazy new manager/euro hangover prediction probably.

Someone unemployed? Check.

Someone who can give the players a boot up the arse? Check.

Someone who has experience in the league? Check.

Someone who has fire-battling qualities needed in a relegation battle? Check.

Someone who has been touted by St Mirren fans on the radio? Check.

Someone who can 'wheel and deal'? Check.

Someone who will stand by his employers no matter the criticism he'll get for it? Check.

_67269731_dundee_jsp_web2604.jpg

Hello ladies.

Archived