Gambling forum quick questions thread

I have an unclaimed bet from approx 2007 still sitting on my bookshelf in my old room in my parents' house.

Placed at an independent bookies in Berwick. £5 on Iain Diack (of Berwick at the time) to score first at 4/1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello

A question, I wrote on my Paddy Power slip "Johnson" for the Open, not knowing there were 2 Johnsons in the thing. Anyway, when the guy was finding the price for me he gave me Dustin's one, which was the one I was wanting (40/1).

Anyway, does this mean my bet will be on Dustin or will they do something like half my stake on both Johnsons? Anyone any idea?

Do you understand?

Hello

A question, I wrote on my Paddy Power slip "Johnson" for the Open, not knowing there were 2 Johnsons in the thing. Anyway, when the guy was finding the price for me he gave me Dustin's one, which was the one I was wanting (40/1).

Anyway, does this mean my bet will be on Dustin or will they do something like half my stake on both Johnsons? Anyone any idea?

Do you understand?

If the price is on the slip it will be obvious what one you backed

If the price is on the slip it will be obvious what one you backed

This.

The next obvious question would be, what would happen if both Johnson's were the same price when the bet was placed?

What happens if the bookie pays out up to six places in the open, I've bet on someone each way and there ends up being say 5 people joint 6th, do they pay out on all of them?

If the moneys in your account you have your answer

What happens if the bookie pays out up to six places in the open, I've bet on someone each way and there ends up being say 5 people joint 6th, do they pay out on all of them?

Dead heat rules apply, therefore your odds are divided by the amount of ties

This.

The next obvious question would be, what would happen if both Johnson's were the same price when the bet was placed?

You are trained to make sure bets taken are specific. If both were the exact same price, you could ask for it to be paid out. The person may pay it out, or you could then take it up with adjudicator for them to decide. In the instance that the bet slip was not specific, you would more than likely get your money. Bets get mistranslated all the time.

However all agents should be on the look out for this as recently there was some lower league football chancers going about. The most common was Rooney to score first, and then claim they meant Adam when their Wayne Rooney bet failed. Another common one was Paixaio (sp?) twins at Hamilton.

Not all Bookmakers divide the odds in dead heats. Quite often it is the stake that is divided.

Edited by Loki

• 2 months later...

Depends what type of Asian handicap you go for.

Normal -1 means the team must win by 2.

Asian -1 means that your stake is returned if they only win by 1.

Asian -1.5 means they need to win by 2. You can also get Asian bets that split your stake equally over two outcomes, e.g. -1 and -1.5 would mean that if your team won by 2 both bets win, if they win by one then half your stake would be refunded and half loses.

Placed £50 in a new account, got £50 matched. First bet won, pays £166.. Looked at funds had £50 in 'bonus' put a bet on with that, it lost. Now my £166 is sitting in 'bonus' and they're refusing to pay out. Saying I have £481 still to play through. Is this right? Can I get around this? ie £160 on Celtic +3 at weekend then only have £320 left to go through? (Hypothetically)

What website was it? Yeah most European sites (and some UK now) introductory offers state that you also have to play through your deposit as well as bonus. Normally the conditions state that all selection have to be placed at or greater to arbitary odds selected by the bookmaker (generally 1/2 or 1.50).

I tend to not accept free bets that you have to play through your deposit as well.

Placed £50 in a new account, got £50 matched. First bet won, pays £166.. Looked at funds had £50 in 'bonus' put a bet on with that, it lost. Now my £166 is sitting in 'bonus' and they're refusing to pay out. Saying I have £481 still to play through. Is this right? Can I get around this? ie £160 on Celtic +3 at weekend then only have £320 left to go through? (Hypothetically)

Winnings from free bets typically have a wagering requirement. Therefore matched bets are often not worth the hassle

We'll this is a clusterfuck! .. Bet £160 on Atleti in the 88th minute. Hopefully I'll be down to £320 now. It's Unibet btw.

Unibet sucks big time:

vi) Sports bets contribute towards the wagering as follows:

Bets with odds of 1.09 or less count 25%.

Bets with odds bigger than or equivalent to 1.10 and minor of 1.20 count 50%

Bets with odds equal to or bigger than 1.20 count in the following way:

Single: 100% (Live Betting: 95%)

Double: 105% (Live Betting: 100%)

Treble: 110% (Live Betting: 110%)

4 Fold: 115% (Live Betting: 120%)

5 Fold: 120% (Live Betting: 120%)

6 Fold: 130% (Live Betting: 120%)

7 Fold: 140% (Live Betting: 120%)

8 Fold: 150% (Live Betting: 120%)

9 Fold: 160% (Live Betting: 120%)

10 Fold: 170% (Live Betting: 120%)

11 Fold: 180% (Live Betting: 120%)

12 Fold: 200% (Live Betting: 120%)

(thus multiple bets allow you to clear the wagering requirement more quickly)

Yeah, a lot of the bookies like unibet etc put me off making some free cash using matched betting, there are so fucking many. I simply don't have a float big enough to cover the betfair liability of maximising the profit out of every rollover.

Some also appear to have strange cash out practice.

Yeah mate, disappointed but should have seen. I'm looking at Arsenal at EVS tomorrow (cup so will wait for wengers kid sheet first) .. Then Celtic are at 1.35 at Kilmarnock on Saturday.

Here's hoping they can both come in and Unibet will be getting a big huge GIRFUY.

Unibet also charge to deposit or withdraw (or used to). hence why I avoid them