19 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

He is driving pretty slowly, though, and his wheel is on the grass.

The only reason she's ended up in the ditch is because the person filming turns their head to shout at the driver and give him the fingers, thus running in to her.

If anyone is in the wrong here it is them.

That's a disgrace - would I f**k be pleading guilty to that.

I'm not at all sure that the person falling off the bike afterwards is germane as the Land Rover driver had already crossed a legal line 

There is an art to single track road driving and that is very far from it.

Moreover, there is now an imperative for bigger vehicles to defer.

In this instance there clearly, very clearly, was not enough space for the selfish Land Rover driver to proceed as he chose to do.

10 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

He is driving pretty slowly, though, and his wheel is on the grass.

The only reason she's ended up in the ditch is because the person filming turns their head to shout at the driver and give him the fingers, thus running in to her.

If anyone is in the wrong here it is them.

That's a disgrace - would I f**k be pleading guilty to that.

Not slowly enough when passing a vulnerable road user - a competent and careful driver would not be going this fast. Would you do this on your driving test?

There didn't seem to be any contact between cyclists, looked more like she couldn't unclip herself from the pedals and lost balance.

Cyclists are wrong for riding legally on a road and being forced out of the way by a motor vehicle?

Well if you plead not guilty to this it would go to court and the outcome would probably be the same - or perhaps even worse if you said you were going "extremely slowly" and the video evidence is obviously to the contrary.

Unfortunately there is no online reporting system for Police Scotland, unlike in 40 out of 45 forces in England and Wales, but it was recently announced a National Dashcam Safety Portal would be developed - so hopefully these driving offences can be reported easier in the future.

4 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

If she doesn't fall no-one cares about this.

If this guy had taken up the offer of an education course instead we probably wouldn't know about this.

6 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

It's clearly wide enough, though, hence why the only reason the cyclist fell is because her friend wasn't looking where they were going and ran into her.

If she doesn't fall no-one cares about this.

Screenshot_20220401-191622_Opera.jpg

Ok then, you are probably right, and the guy made a real error pleading guilty to the offence............

Cheryl Cole GIF

12 minutes ago, sophia said:

I'm not at all sure that the person falling off the bike afterwards is germane as the Land Rover driver had already crossed a legal line 

There is an art to single track road driving and that is very far from it.

Moreover, there is now an imperative for bigger vehicles to defer.

In this instance there clearly, very clearly, was not enough space for the selfish Land Rover driver to proceed as he chose to do.

the-god-damn-germans-got-nothing-to-do-w

Saw a tweet blow up where a friend of mine was referenced, the kinda general jist of the story is right but theres a lot of poetic licence in the twitter thread about it. But the replies are all ‘you go girl’ etc etc, is it wrong to challenge the lies on the thread? 
Are you asking if you should get involved in a social media beef? If so, you already know the answer.

4 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Saw a tweet blow up where a friend of mine was referenced, the kinda general jist of the story is right but theres a lot of poetic licence in the twitter thread about it. But the replies are all ‘you go girl’ etc etc, is it wrong to challenge the lies on the thread? 

Photoshop a dodgy tweet from them and hit them with a "this you?"