23 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Wid not. 

Also never heard of spring onions referred to as anything other than spring onions. I presume it's not a "Scottish" thing and is just more of a weirdo thing. 

I'v never heard of before so looked it up. It's said it's a Scottish term= Weegie

I'v never heard of before so looked it up. It's said it's a Scottish term= Weegie
Not really, many years ago now I asked my missus to get some syboes when she went to Tesco. When she came back said they didn't have any syboes so she got spring onions instead...

She's a Weegie, I'm a Buddie.

5 minutes ago, scw1987 said:

Not really, many years ago now I asked my missus to get some syboes when she went to Tesco. When she came back said they didn't have any syboes so she got spring onions instead...

She's a Weegie, I'm a Buddie.

Let's call the whole thing off 

4 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

Wid not. 

Also never heard of spring onions referred to as anything other than spring onions. I presume it's not a "Scottish" thing and is just more of a weirdo thing. 

As ever, east coasters use the correct language.

As a proud west coaster and someone who is often called a weegie, I would like to confirm I've never heard the term syboes in my life. I suspect it's an old person thing which has rightly died out through my generation, in a "Michael Scott ushering old man out the door" type way. 

Aye I think it's an older thing and defo a west coast thing. 

Maradona's first team was "los cebolitas" which means the same thing, so maybe it's from yon time the Romans were here. Literally the only thing they did for us too.

Maw and da referred to them as sybees and I remember when I was younger thinking, what the fucking hell is a sybee, thought it must have been some Scottish version of a spring onion, but it was just a spring onion. On the subject, fresh chopped spring onions on top of a good spicy pad thai is lovely.

Also can confirm they are both weird and weegies. 

8 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Apparently it was thrown on stage at Tiffany's in Glasgow in early 79, he liked it and wore it to a photosboot for their album Machine Gun Etiquette.

Not to be too pedantic which means I am going to be.

I really don't think they played then, I was a regular at anything worthwhile back then and I am sure the first show at Tiffanys by any music group was late 1979 with the 2 tone tour. Certainly prepared to be wrong but I think probably 1980 at the earliest.

5 hours ago, BillyAnchor said:

Not to be too pedantic which means I am going to be.

I really don't think they played then, I was a regular at anything worthwhile back then and I am sure the first show at Tiffanys by any music group was late 1979 with the 2 tone tour. Certainly prepared to be wrong but I think probably 1980 at the earliest.

I was at a gig in Nottingham in May 79. They had just reformed at that point after a short split while Brian James and Lu left. They'd been The Doomed for a wee while for legal reasons.