1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

My completely unfounded alleged accusation is that it's the maw who is the crackhead and this has been one big shot at a payout to keep some dealer she's fucked over at bay. 

Interesting and feasible theory.

3 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

My completely unfounded alleged accusation is that it's the maw who is the crackhead and this has been one big shot at a payout to keep some dealer she's fucked over at bay. 

Ultimately if the Sun had 100% belief that the evidence they have is bulletproof then they would have printed the presenters name without hesitation. It appears that whatever happened wasn't illegal anyway.

18 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

I have less than 1000 followers and a few years ago one of my tweets got nearly 500k views. If it had been me accusing someone of being a paedo I would expect that it would have some comeback.

Regardless of number of "views" it would still be incredibly hard to prove that a person suffered (or was likely to suffer) serious reputational damage because some random nobody (and I don't mean that in a derogatory way) said something untrue.

They might send you a lawyer's letter threatening you and asking you to retract (which is what appears to have happened with Plumb) but it's unlikely they'd actually proceed with anything.

Vine (like Nicky Campbell) has, quite rightfully, made an example of Plumb in an effort to try to get people to not be dicks online, but that's likely as far as this will go.

1 minute ago, peasy23 said:

Ultimately if the Sun had 100% belief that the evidence they have is bulletproof then they would have printed the presenters name without hesitation. It appears that whatever happened wasn't illegal anyway.

Yip. None of the parents story seems to make sense. Stepfather accuses BBC of lying after "new claims" emerge, the stepfather then expands on that by saying "he was told the new claims were the lad was 17 when contact began". He was told? I thought he had all the evidence?

30 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Yip. None of the parents story seems to make sense. Stepfather accuses BBC of lying after "new claims" emerge, the stepfather then expands on that by saying "he was told the new claims were the lad was 17 when contact began". He was told? I thought he had all the evidence?

I think you've misunderstood that part.

The stepfather is saying that he's been told that the "new claims" part, relates to the kid having been 17 at the start of this.  He's arguing that he had already given this information to the BBC.

58 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

David Yelland, the former editor of the Sun, is suggesting this precisely. 

11 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

The Sun reporting that the presenter of the "sexual images storm" could be named by an MP

I wonder who they will ask to do it. 

Probably not going to be a Tory considering one of their colleagues in the parliamentary party is on bail for rape and has been chosen again as a candidate in the next election despite not being in the house of commons for over a year. 

45 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

And maybe I'm just being cynical, but perhaps it's just another bit of gaslighting by a Tory rag. Maybe there's another story worth covering up.....

https://news.sky.com/story/mps-approve-privileges-committee-report-saying-boris-johnsons-allies-tried-to-undermine-partygate-probe-12918720

Or the George Osborne email which alleged he had a tendancy for young women who were drunk which was sent to every guest that attended his wedding? That was probably worth covering up.

I wonder if someone at the Sun could run and expose on a newspaper which used to put pictures of topless girls in the he newspaper after waiting for them to turn 16, such a publisher should probably be hounded out of existence...

33 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I think you've misunderstood that part.

The stepfather is saying that he's been told that the "new claims" part, relates to the kid having been 17 at the start of this.  He's arguing that he had already given this information to the BBC.

"They're not telling the truth. I told them the youngster was 20 and it had been going on for three years." 

So 18, 19 and 20 maybe. 

The overwhelming likelihood is that someone at the BBC has been a naughty boy and they all want a piece of the pie for his misdemeanours. The legality/illegality issue appears the only contentious part.

The  Sun's abhorrent handling of it causing the subsequent social media frenzy of false accusations and pile on's should be one of the final nails in its coffin.

1 hour ago, throbber said:

Another scenario is the young man in question is rubbishing the claims because he is a drug addict and this helped fund his addiction.

He should have gone out robbing like any normal crack addict. 

Front page of what?

Is the implication here that Newspapers have to fabricate stories so they can be selective about what they print?

They are already entirely biased in how and what they choose to cover regardless. The fact they are privately owned, and no more than propaganda vehicles for their owners and editors, already provides them with the ability to totally ignore stories they don't want to cover.

What an odd assertion.

Never mind the fact that this particular story broke on Friday and Saturday, when the deadline for Johnson's texts was last night. 

Edited by Boo Khaki