14 minutes ago, dirty dingus said:

https://www.dailydot.com/unclick/tiktok-live-npc-pinkydoll-corn-kernels/

This kind of explains it here.  There is a  group of tic toc users that pretend to be live video game/anime characters 

There are several other TikTokers who specialize in acting like NPCs or dolls, often using an anime face filter. And yes, it’s definitely fetish-adjacent content.

These models combine e-girl waifu aesthetics with the appeal of a serene, pre-programmed avatar with no real autonomy. It’s arguably a crossover point between OnlyFans and VTube, pitched to be SFW enough to function on TikTok. A pretty specific niche, but clearly enough people are into it for women like Pinkydoll to turn a profit.

Gimps

6 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

I think Radio 2, in particular the Breakfast Show, Ken Bruce when he was on, and the Drive Time show all get higher listening figures than most tv shows get viewing figures tbf. 7 or 8 million for the Breakfast Show and that's down slightly from previous years. Loads of folk in cars listening in, loads of shops and factories, building sites and the rest all have radio on all day. 

Agree about Sheeran but Taylor Swift has a few decent songs. And although while I wouldn't climb over her to get to you (no offence!), there's something quite odd about how she looks.

Consider my mind blown, sir.

We were told that radio was a dying medium decades ago, but maybe it'll outlive traditional television, considering how many people say they've mainly switched to watching DVDs/streaming/internet content.

4 hours ago, ICTChris said:

This gets reshared every so often, just a brilliant clip. Really sums up how kind of low-key and weird a lot of British TV was in the 1990s but somehow it’s better than now.

Through the Keyhole was a fucking weird show. Lloyd Grossman was a peculiar enough presence, but who wants to poke about somebody's boring (and obviously spruced up) suburban house anyway? The only prurient value would be from finding out that Elton John leaves his dirty pants lying about everywhere or something, and you didn't even get that.

There were quite a few WTF moments with people who weren't even remotely famous, especially towards the end and it became pretty obvious that they were feeding answers to the panel because nobody would've even known who they were otherwise. It became a parade of who? and who cares? much like This Is Your Life.

I'd no idea that Through the Keyhole got a revival about a decade ago featuring Keith fucking Lemon, nor that This Is Your Life started in 1955  :blink:

1 minute ago, alta-pete said:

sounds like its his wife who's dobbed him in too..

She hasn’t dobbed him in. She’s released a statement on his behalf because he’s in hospital suffering severe mental health issues. 

Edited by Rugster

3 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

Said to Mrs Khaki yesterday 'when this breaks, there will immediately be a claim of a mental health crisis, and he'll piss off to some retreat somewhere for therapy to rehabilitate his reputation'.

What a fucking swizz.

100% this. 

Just now, Jimmy Jazz said:

You still believe in Santa too? 

If he had just played the mental health card today I’d be sceptical. He’s been open for years about suffering from depression. 

10 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

Said to Mrs Khaki yesterday 'when this breaks, there will immediately be a claim of a mental health crisis, and he'll piss off to some retreat somewhere for therapy to rehabilitate his reputation'.

What a fucking swizz.

I don’t think he’s playing the victim here, he’s not Philip Schofield.

Just now, Rugster said:

If he had just played the mental health card today I’d be sceptical. He’s been open for years about suffering from depression. 

He has, which is a credit to him. It's just sickening that once again someone behaving questionably is going to be forever linked with 'mental health issues' rather than what this is, i.e. his mental health has caved in because he's finally been pulled up about his own behaviours.