13 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Lydon is nasty wee fraud and always has been. An utter p***k.

Plus, the Sex Pistols were absolutely shite.

Mmm...you've taken that a bit far.

He did some very good work with PiL too, although some would put that down more to Glen Matlock and Jah Wobble.

53 minutes ago, Detective Jimmy McNulty said:

Giving the middle finger to the establishment by voting Tory and respecting the Queen.

I swear, people don't realise how lucky they are when their idols die young.

There's a timeline where John Lennon wasn't shot and went on to support Donald Trump.

Probably not that big a leap considering his views on tax.

There's a timeline where John Lennon wasn't shot and went on to support Donald Trump.
I am certain John Lennon would have become an insufferable, Bono level bore.

1 hour ago, Detective Jimmy McNulty said:

Beatles political compass time.

55clap.jpg.73202fc276c1d611a5cbfe78f6958c07.jpgec1.thumb.png.59bb7936df533726bb51d3cea58ee8cd.png

Lennon supported the Black Panthers. McCartney played a gig in Israel. Harrison stole from black Americans. Starr was a champion of public transport.

I am calling shenanigans.

50 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Lennon supported the Black Panthers. McCartney played a gig in Israel. Harrison stole from black Americans. Starr was a champion of public transport.

image.jpeg.2a5404dd56e8c616ada0aa8b9b8814ba.jpeg

1 hour ago, Detournement said:

Idk, there's another one with Harrison and Ringo swapped round. The other 2 are the same.

Was there not stories that Lennon was a fan of Reagan ?

I often like to think about how prominent people who died young would be tarnishing their legacy today.

Ian Curtis - Much like Morrissey, he would lean into right wing politics. Could see him as a statue defender.

Richey Edwards - Regular column in Spiked, stands for Brexit Party in 2019 European election for South Wales.

Kurt Cobain - Successfully off drugs, becomes anti-vax and then QAnon. 

On 05/06/2022 at 14:51, BFTD said:

Mmm...you've taken that a bit far.

He did some very good work with PiL too, although some would put that down more to Glen Matlock and Jah Wobble.

I've always despised Jah Wobble.

24 minutes ago, milton75 said:

I've always despised Jah Wobble.

I've always seen him as a hero despite knowing nothing about him apart from his PIL stuff. I'm quite shallow musically, but it seemed a cracking name at the time.

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

I've always seen him as a hero despite knowing nothing about him apart from his PIL stuff. I'm quite shallow musically, but it seemed a cracking name at the time.

I hate the stupid name. It annoys me, even after I found out the origin.

I also found out in later years that he called his autobiography "Memoirs of a Geezer". f**k's sake. Folk have gone up against the wall for less.

Being petty, I also recall he did B-Side remixes of Dodgy tracks in the Britpop years. I hate Dodgy with an excessive passion.

On 05/06/2022 at 08:11, Theroadlesstravelled said:

I’m not sure I fully agree with all of that but modern Lefties do love to conform with government regulations tbf.

He's quoted turning point too which is always a good laugh.

I wanted to avoid an echo chamber and was drawn in by their (admittedly impressive) production values but good god their content is laughable drivel. You won't have to look too far past their celebrity quotes to see a post decrying celebrity involvement in politics. National review it ain't.

On 06/06/2022 at 00:02, Bairnardo said:
On 05/06/2022 at 23:25, BFTD said:

I am certain John Lennon would have become an insufferable, Bono level bore.

He was a prolific domestic abuser when alive, and a seriously dark individual in general. Wouldn't be surprised if he ended up like Phil Spector had he lived.

On 06/06/2022 at 03:52, ICTChris said:

I often like to think about how prominent people who died young would be tarnishing their legacy today.

Ian Curtis - Much like Morrissey, he would lean into right wing politics. Could see him as a statue defender.

Richey Edwards - Regular column in Spiked, stands for Brexit Party in 2019 European election for South Wales.

Kurt Cobain - Successfully off drugs, becomes anti-vax and then QAnon.

All look surprisingly plausible to me.