Unpopular opinions.

14 minutes ago, mathematics said:

Curious. I’m only 175cms and 70kgs.

Obviously that’s still big enough to carry Falkirk’s answer to Verne Troyer about.

Not as big a c**t as I imagined. You know how you have an idea in your head of what someone's like going by their posts etc... I just had it in my head that you were a bruiser! But you are smaller and lighter than me.

But still a bruiser to @Bairnardo.

On 13/10/2019 at 21:53, Bairnardo said:
On 13/10/2019 at 21:49, Cerberus said:
A simple Google search will show you how scripted the UFC fights are.

Provide a link to one that is clearly scripted. There have been thousands of fights so your post is way too broad.

There's been fixed fights, but they are really few and far between. And I can't think of many in the UFC beyond the early days, if any. It's only allegations, but there's definitely something behind them.

Having the odd fixed fight of course doesn't make MMA fake. Most sports will have their side of fixing. Doesn't make any of them fake.

7 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Not as big a c**t as I imagined. You know how you have an idea in your head of what someone's like going by their posts etc... I just had it in my head that you were a bruiser! But you are smaller and lighter than me.

So are you the height and weight expert based on posts?

Have a go for me.

4 hours ago, Dee Man said:

Legend has it that LL Cool J used a scaffolding pole to fight off a group pished up weegies backstage at Barrowlands during the Def Jam tour of '87. 

I hope it's true. 

I remember standing about five yards away from a full on square go in the middle of a Squeeze gig about twenty years ago very close to the front of the stage.

The look of "what the f**k" on Chris Diffords face was quite something.

8 hours ago, johnnydun said:

But still a bruiser to @Bairnardo.

I really need to review my posts.

Wrestling isn't 'fixed' either.
That would be like saying the fights in The Avengers are fixed, or that the battles in Game of Thrones are fixed.
But they're not trying to pass off Avengers or Game of Thrones as a sport tho.
Fixed is probably the wrong term to use in respect of wrestling as its scripted.

8 minutes ago, spud131 said:

But they're not trying to pass off Avengers or Game of Thrones as a sport tho.
Fixed is probably the wrong term to use in respect of wrestling as its scripted.

Wrestling doesn't hide what it is. It's a sport in the context of a TV show.

No one thinks that it's 'real'. Fixed is the wrong term to use as that would suggest that it was a real competition to begin with. 

• 2 weeks later...