Unpopular opinions.

3 hours ago, Stormzy said:

Jar Jar was a good character. Hated by old men that somehow forgot the existence of Ewoks and got all raging that they had some light relief in the film. 

I think the cadual racism in the accents was what had most people raging tbh.

20 minutes ago, Perkin Flump said:

From the same fan base that pissed their pants when John Boyega picked up a lightsabre...not having that at all. 

12 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

From the same fan base that pissed their pants when John Boyega picked up a lightsabre...not having that at all. 

Agreed to a degree & they were the same people who saw nothing wrong with said accents & were also trolling Kelly Marie Tran. Are you seriously trying to say that fans of Star Wars all think exactly the same way with regards to race issues?

7 minutes ago, Perkin Flump said:

Agreed to a degree & they were the same people who saw nothing wrong with said accents & were also trolling Kelly Marie Tran. Are you seriously trying to say that fans of Star Wars all think exactly the same way with regards to race issues?

No. What makes you think I'm making that case? 

3 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Not even the worst in that film, with the trade federation lads apparently based on my grandad's "hilarious" chinese laundry material

I will never understand why no one said anything before its General release, surely someone was sitting there thinking err hang on are we really sure about this.

1 minute ago, Perkin Flump said:

I will never understand why no one said anything before its General release, surely someone was sitting there thinking err hang on are we really sure about this.

To be fair they were too busy worrying about the kid who couldn't act and how much they should price the toys at to notice anything else pre release

4 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

To be fair they were too busy worrying about the kid who couldn't act and how much they should price the toys at to notice anything else pre release

The kid acted fine, the lines were a bit shite but he was good. 

On 09/12/2020 at 12:03, DiegoDiego said:

Most pasta dishes are a piece of piss to make. I don't understand why people who only eat out once in a while order something they can easily make at home (see also burgers). Why not order something you'd never normally have?

NB I'm talking about orders at mid-range sit down, book a table places, not your local pub or takeaway.

You'd think pasta dishes would be a piece of piss but Carluccio's in Cardiff and Dolce Vita in Warminster, tow name the first two that spring to mind, were unable to manage, the useless c***s. Oh, and Ask, anywhere. How can boil in a bag go so wrong? 

57 minutes ago, Perkin Flump said:

I could tolerate the casual racism. It was the constant hilarious pratfalls and going "waaaah" that did my nut in. And the kid, what a little shite.