Unpopular opinions.

4 hours ago, MONKMAN said:

Pizza from kebab shops etc is generally rank.

Pizza from proper Italian takeaways, which Scotland has an abundance of, is usually of a pretty good standard.

Kebab shop pizzas are the main target of my ire tbh. They are fucking stinking. In general though, I have never met a takeaway pizza that I dont view as a huge rip off. I have eaten stuff from Dominos or Pizza Hut that I have enjoyed, but still, look at it and think what a fucking rip off that was. 

I maybe will try some of the local italian establishments and re evaluate my stance but I cant see it changing. 

Kebab pizzas are horrific but if you have authentic Italians making it, there's nothing better. Our local Italian does a 3 for 2 in the evenings and 6 euro at lunchtime, same size. I've yet to have better pizza, although we're spoiled here for them. 

Obviously an Italian pizzeria is vastly superior and most you can buy in a supermarket are preferable as well, but your average kebab shop pizza is still far better than the likes of Domino's or Pizza Hut.

Me liking this comment while I happily eat the Pizza Hut I just ordered

IMG_5192.jpg

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Kebab shop pizzas are the main target of my ire tbh. They are fucking stinking. In general though, I have never met a takeaway pizza that I dont view as a huge rip off. I have eaten stuff from Dominos or Pizza Hut that I have enjoyed, but still, look at it and think what a fucking rip off that was. 

I maybe will try some of the local italian establishments and re evaluate my stance but I cant see it changing. 

Poorly formed opinions thread for this pish.

You should have made clear this was a value for money gripe. It is very obvious that Domino's is an absolute rip off.

3 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Poorly formed opinions thread for this pish.

You should have made clear this was a value for money gripe. It is very obvious that Domino's is an absolute rip off.

It's both. Kebab shop pizzas are shite regardless of price. Most other pizzas I have experienced dont really show themselves as being any better than supermarket pizzas but generally for about 5x the price, hence I said supermarket pizzas are the best way to buy a pizza for home.

The only unknown here is if there are any genuine italian places local to me serving up genuinely good takeaway stuff. I will strive to find out. 

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

It's both. Kebab shop pizzas are shite regardless of price. Most other pizzas I have experienced dont really show themselves as being any better than supermarket pizzas but generally for about 5x the price, hence I said supermarket pizzas are the best way to buy a pizza for home.

The only unknown here is if there are any genuine italian places local to me serving up genuinely good takeaway stuff. I will strive to find out. 

If you find yourself in Edinburgh get a La Favorita. Still pricey but you're getting a far superior product to Domino's.

there's two kebab/curry places in the space of a two minute walk from each other near me and the difference in the quality of the pizzas they serve up is remarkable. one always managed to burn them to a crisp at the bottom + had an ungodly amount of grease so i gave up getting them from there, the other place serves up a vastly superior, more generously topped pizza and at a lower price to boot

Some supermarket pizzas kind of... burn my gums/tongue (dunno how else to describe it) which was a bit alarming so stopped getting them, always assumed its to do with the preservatives in them or maybe they're just salty as f**k (dr oetker ones were the worst for this)

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

14 minutes ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

Supermarket pizzas are shite 4A0C309C-6B26-4029-BF71-BB446AEBBF05.png.93bd6401839417f33d8430f372b40067.png

You see people creaming themselves over those Asda pizzas - absolutely dreadful stuff. 

I really want to get one of those Ooni pizza ovens. Some of the pizzas I’ve seen folk make using them look incredible.

My parents have a pizza oven in their garden. The pizzas are indeed incredible. I want one for my garden but fear I'd eat nothing but pizza.

Supermarket pizzas are shite 4A0C309C-6B26-4029-BF71-BB446AEBBF05.png.93bd6401839417f33d8430f372b40067.png
You see people creaming themselves over those Asda pizzas - absolutely dreadful stuff. 
I really want to get one of those Ooni pizza ovens. Some of the pizzas I’ve seen folk make using them look incredible.
I can absolutely vouch for the Ooni ovens. Treat yourself this Christmas and hit me up on the scran thread. Partially why I have a bee in my bonnet about what passes for pizza and what some c***s charge for them probably.

I reckon this was just a ploy for Bairnardo to tell everyone he has an Ooni out back. [emoji34]
Na I was trying not to blur the lines. The main reason for the post was the eating of the wifes leftover pizza from a kebab shop and finding it utterly vile.

28 minutes ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

there's two kebab/curry places in the space of a two minute walk from each other near me and the difference in the quality of the pizzas they serve up is remarkable. one always managed to burn them to a crisp at the bottom + had an ungodly amount of grease so i gave up getting them from there, the other place serves up a vastly superior, more generously topped pizza and at a lower price to boot

Some supermarket pizzas kind of... burn my gums/tongue (dunno how else to describe it) which was a bit alarming so stopped getting them, always assumed its to do with the preservatives in them or maybe they're just salty as f**k (dr oetker ones were the worst for this)

I know exactly what you mean about the burning sensation... *Kenneth Williams gif* 

Care to share the name of the good pizza place? 

23 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
54 minutes ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

I can absolutely vouch for the Ooni ovens. Treat yourself this Christmas and hit me up on the scran thread. Partially why I have a bee in my bonnet about what passes for pizza and what some c***s charge for them probably.

Aye, I’ll definitely be getting one when I have a bit more space. 

In Glasgow I rate a Paesano (half price NHS discount during the first lockdown 🤤), Mozza and Baffo. All pretty reasonably priced too.

I got a Errols Hot Pizza in the Southside the other day and thought it was decent but quite pricey tbh and a bit of an annoying booking system.

Rename thread, ‘Pizza thread’ pls mods.

35 minutes ago, thistledo said:

I know exactly what you mean about the burning sensation... *Kenneth Williams gif* 

Care to share the name of the good pizza place? 

bombay mix, across from the school. fully expect you/someone else to now jump in and tell you they're rank, but i like em

edit: Woody's next to the Jaconelli's (across from the police station) does a good pizza too imo, can't mind but there's a couple - think it might be the Shock n' Awe one on their menu that I'm really keen on, pretty nippy tho

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely