Unpopular opinions.

11 hours ago, coprolite said:

People who ask for red bull as a mixer when doing rounds should be shunned by polite society.  I usually pretend i thought they said lemonade. 

I agree, ignoring the taste, it is always much more expensive, I'm not paying 2 quid extra every round for you to drink that shite. I used to do shifts in a place where a double vodka red bull was the same price as a single and if people just asked for a single I would occasionally "forget" to tell them this and have a quick vodka myself.

On 24/01/2021 at 17:10, welshbairn said:

I don't see how it's relevant unless you want to take him up the arse.

There was an urban myth (maybe true, who knows) circulating when i was at school that Van Damme was gay and had once ripped a man's cock off by tensing his buttocks during intercourse. 

7 minutes ago, coprolite said:

There was an urban myth (maybe true, who knows) circulating when i was at school that Van Damme was gay and had once ripped a man's cock off by tensing his buttocks during intercourse. 

He was living in Hong Kong when I was there - he went to the same gym as a colleague of mine who was gay.

Make of that what you will. 

Bunch of neds set fire to memorial benches in a local park and previously a kids playpark was destroyed. Hundreds of thousands pounds worth of damage. 

My controversial opinion would be give the local boxing or martial arts club money to kick the absolute shit out of them or anyone else who doesn't know right from wrong. Basically vigilante gangs dishing out justice until kids know the stuff that their parents didn't teach them.

42 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Bunch of neds set fire to memorial benches in a local park and previously a kids playpark was destroyed. Hundreds of thousands pounds worth of damage. 

My controversial opinion would be give the local boxing or martial arts club money to kick the absolute shit out of them or anyone else who doesn't know right from wrong. Basically vigilante gangs dishing out justice until kids know the stuff that their parents didn't teach them.

Or have tanks in bears patrolling the streets.

Also, many boxing gyms are run by folk who probably did stupid stuff like that as kids and would likely rather take them in and help give them a sense of purpose, rather than want to punch children. 

image.jpeg

36 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

When folk say things like this, I'm always curious whether the aim is rehabilitation through violence, or just catharsis. Everyone I've ever met who worked with difficult youngsters has said that harsh punishments don't change behaviour for the better, and plenty of them already come from backgrounds where they took a good kicking on a regular basis.

Don't get me wrong, I love the Death Wish films as much as the next guy, but I'm inclined to leave this shit up to folk who know what they're doing.

I'm not actually serious but sick of kids locally who've been doing this for a long time. Some really nasty stuff like a disabled woman getting beaten up and spat on while filming it.

What is wrong with them? Is it one or two nutters who get others to join in or a general collapse of respect and parenting?

A bit of fear and respect wouldn't be a bad thing but as you say would it make them worse? I don't think there's a big enough deterrent now tbh. 

3 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

I'm not actually serious but sick of kids locally who've been doing this for a long time. Some really nasty stuff like a disabled woman getting beaten up and spat on while filming it.

What is wrong with them? Is it one or two nutters who get others to join in or a general collapse of respect and parenting?

A bit of fear and respect wouldn't be a bad thing but as you say would it make them worse? I don't think there's a big enough deterrent now tbh. 

Who filmed it, her or them?

You clearly haven't watched Karate Kid, it's the martial arts kids causing the trouble.

What you need is a martial arts pensioner to kick their head in.

39 minutes ago, Empty It said:

You clearly haven't watched Karate Kid, it's the martial arts kids causing the trouble.

What you need is a martial arts pensioner to kick their head in.

A bear in a tank who knows kung fu.

This is real out the box thinking.