Unpopular opinions.

If you live in a nice area of Glasgow it's as nice as anywhere in any city in the UK If you're from a less nice area you're going to think that other cities you've visted are better because you're likely to have only seen the shiney, interesting touristy bits.

This is true. Should have seen the bit of Paris I was living in last year.

post-11702-12833890095595_thumb.jpg

post-11702-1283388854534_thumb.jpg

Anyone want to tell me that Paris is better than Glasgow?

Apologies XBL,I wasn't deliberately avoiding your questions, which I never realised you had posted until I came back online .

I know you didn't respond, but if you look at my original post on this thread,do you honestly think suggesting dog nappies,banning pensioners from shopping at weekends and prison sentences for litter louts were serious suggestions?

Okay, thats a fair enough example (too sleepy to argue tbh), but is it really that absurd. I mean we've already had people suggesting limiting pensioners from shopping during lunch hours...and prison sentences for litter louts isn't really that far fetched either. Dogs though, I'll give you. However, you do seem to have had a bit of a bee in your bonnet about Swampy for some time now though! I'm sure I've read you having a fair few goes at him, and so if you're trying to "wind him up" then it isn't really working as all it is doing is making you look bad.

the bus down to london is fine, the bus back is full of drunken weegie mutants.

This is very true. I was on a bus back from London once and there was a guy on it who was absolutely smashed and ended up headbutting the driver and being arrested on the hard shoulder.

That was a great bus journey.

Okay, thats a fair enough example (too sleepy to argue tbh), but is it really that absurd. I mean we've already had people suggesting limiting pensioners from shopping during lunch hours...and prison sentences for litter louts isn't really that far fetched either. Dogs though, I'll give you. However, you do seem to have had a bit of a bee in your bonnet about Swampy for some time now though! I'm sure I've read you having a fair few goes at him, and so if you're trying to "wind him up" then it isn't really working as all it is doing is making you look bad.

I think you'll find it was much a case of six of one and half a dozen of the other,but hey!.

However,there are certain posters on here,who seem to get more than their fair share of stick, yet it seems more acceptable.I wonder why this is?

To be honest,I think there are many instances when people read the posters name and automatically jump on the bandwagon as it seems the "norm" to have a go at that certain member,regardless of the content of their post.

I can't therefore see why Swampy should be treated any differently and I'm sure he himself would take that view.If he's a personal mate of yours,then I can understand why you're backing him up.

From a neutral perspective, it doesn't seem like 'six and half a dozen'. It looks like you have a real dislike of him so have a go at any oppertunity. He replies in a very eloquent way, this makes you even more annoyed because you think he's trying to show off how much more intelligent he is, and this stokes your wee tantrums.

For someone that has a good job as a director of a company and an apparently very happy home life, you don't half have a chip on your shoulder.

You've compared a attractive park and tourist attraction to a busy city centre square full of people on a night out. If you went to a similar loaction in London you'd have seen drunken arseholes acting like prats.

Leicester Square, Covent Garden and Picaddilly Circus come to mind. Absolute magnets for drunken twattery.

From a neutral perspective, it doesn't seem like 'six and half a dozen'. It looks like you have a real dislike of him so have a go at any oppertunity. He replies in a very eloquent way, this makes you even more annoyed because you think he's trying to show off how much more intelligent he is, and this stokes your wee tantrums.

I think you'll find it was much a case of six of one and half a dozen of the other,but hey!.

However,there are certain posters on here,who seem to get more than their fair share of stick, yet it seems more acceptable.I wonder why this is?

To be honest,I think there are many instances when people read the posters name and automatically jump on the bandwagon as it seems the "norm" to have a go at that certain member,regardless of the content of their post.

I can't therefore see why Swampy should be treated any differently and I'm sure he himself would take that view.If he's a personal mate of yours,then I can understand why you're backing him up.

Going by my posting history, I don't think you can accuse me of being on any sort of bandwagon. I try to be very fair to everyone, regardless of popularity or otherwise. And no, I don't know Swampy personally, however, from my neutral perspective, I agree with what Fudge said. When you have an angry reaction to his well written posts...because they are well written, it makes you look bad.

Going by my posting history, I don't think you can accuse me of being on any sort of bandwagon. I try to be very fair to everyone, regardless of popularity or otherwise. And no, I don't know Swampy personally, however, from my neutral perspective, I agree with what Fudge said. When you have an angry reaction to his well written posts...because they are well written, it makes you look bad.

To be fair XBL,I never accused you personally of being on the bandwagon and dont' as such.

Every city in the world has shite areas, granted, but if streets like Buchanan Street is really one of the main in the city then it doesn't say much. I walk from Central Station to Queen Street every Friday from 8.30 at night, and yes I'm fully aware it's only around the corner, but the amount of pissed up idiots and jakeballs I pass is really off putting.

I was on a coach from London a few weeks back and the paths around Hyde Park and the like had tourists at quater to midnight during the week taking photos etc. Had that of been George Square at the time chances are they'd be lucky to get out of the square with their camera still in their possession.

That's not to say London doesn't have idiots, I would very much assume they have some too, just not to the scale of Glasgow.

I've been in other towns and citys in England particularly over the last few months and have found almost everybody more friendlier than Glasgow/Scotland, which was disapointing to see. I love Scotland as a country, but some of the people can be right off putting animals.

I disagree.

Anywhere you go you'll find the same thing in any large town or city (and even some small ones) anywhere in the UK, to suggest otherwise is simply to be misinformed (in my opinion wink.gif ).

Tartan Army are good in the way they don't get in riots but they are a disgrace for making us look like fucking stereotypes, and sing THE GAYEST FOOTBALL SONG EVER!!!! Doe-a-fucking-deer, a sound of music song, middle aged men in kilts singing doe a deer. What an embarrassment.

You say 'us' yet have the 3 lions and Northern Irish flag in amongst all your drivel. You also had David Goodwillie as the pic on your avatar last season. You are a confused little boy aren't you?

1. You should only get one attempt at the driving test.

2. Fatties should pay for the cost of their health care.

3. Religion should be taught in schools.

4. There hasn't been a great album made this century.

5. Modern school qualifications aren't worth the paper they're printed on.

You haven't heard all the albums made this century.

Ok I am absolutely incorrect.

GSTQ is not a dirge, but it is slow and shite.

Sorry for the confusion.

Thing is though, dirge has now taken on the meaning you meant through regular usage. Just like people who go 'that's not actually what decimate means you know' etc. If we didn't accept language evolved everytime we saw two guys sucking each other's cocks and someone said 'woah that's gay' some dickwad would pipe up 'oh it's cheerfully happy? I don't think so that's not what gay means you know'

Basically what I'm trying to say is, I agree man, GSTQ is a fucking dirge

Edited by madwullie