Unpopular opinions.

1 hour ago, Snafu said:

Can't knock the tattie scone, one of the mainstays of a cheap diet while getting through college. A pack of cold tattie scones and a pint of milk for lunch would see me through the afternoon.

The milk and potatoes diet was often recommended in lectures as the best means of cheap student nutrition by the preeminent Scottish historian and probable jakeball Professor Richard Finlay. 

Magee said he'd fit a new bathroom for me if I took the heat off him for a bit. Not sure it was worth it now tbh.

Don’t listen to the food fascists on here and enjoy eating the food you like Bert.

Can't believe I'm having to repeat myself

On 17/10/2018 at 11:53, Mark Connolly said:

Hash browns are acceptable as an alternative to potato scones when outside Scotland, or when potato scones are otherwise unavailable.

When in Scotland, they should never be used as a substitute.

3 hours ago, Bert Raccoon said:

Magee said he'd fit a new bathroom for me if I took the heat off him for a bit. Not sure it was worth it now tbh.

Anyone accepting a free bathroom from him, knowing that he would then have their address, are as batshit mental as him.

15 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Anyone accepting a free bathroom from him, knowing that he would then have their address, are as batshit mental as him.

Good point, well made.

Edited by Bert Raccoon

On 04/08/2019 at 00:34, Sergeant Wilson said:

Don't get me wrong, I think we are in the zenith with the players around just now, but most are dedicated athletes, blessed with talent.

In those days sublime talent like Willie Morgan or Denis Tueart were alkies cut to pieces by psychotics like Norman Hunter and John Hollins.

Happier, simpler days.

Hollins wasn't a clogger.  You're confusing him with Chopper Harris...

I fucking love traffic wardens. 

I've paid to park my car legally, often going round till a space is available. You bet your arse I'm extremely smug when they guy that "was only 5 minutes" pays £30 for the privilege.

Often notice people that hate them, are people that can't/won't park properly.

I fucking love traffic wardens. 
I've paid to park my car legally, often going round till a space is available. You bet your arse I'm extremely smug when they guy that "was only 5 minutes" pays £30 for the privilege.
Often notice people that hate them, are people that can't/won't park properly.
I agree with this, traffic wardens ain't got a personal grudge, they only ticket people who break obvious rules.

Guest JTS98

There are no such thing as inherent human rights and it's arguable that the concept was invented to entrench the power of the powerful.

Elections should be abolished as all they do is legitimise the stranglehold that the wealthy and better-educated and connected sections of society have over the instruments of public life, and therefore control of the wealth.

7 minutes ago, JTS98 said:

There are no such thing as inherent human rights and it's arguable that the concept was invented to entrench the power of the powerful.

Elections should be abolished as all they do is legitimise the stranglehold that the wealthy and better-educated and connected sections of society have over the instruments of public life, and therefore control of the wealth.

Interesting point of view. What’s your alternative to elections? Dictatorships?