Unpopular opinions.

13 minutes ago, Shotgun said:

And you'd be right. I'd like to see how yon Chris Ronaldo would do with Norman Hunter clattering him into the mud whenever he got hold of the ba'. 

Don't get me wrong, I think we are in the zenith with the players around just now, but most are dedicated athletes, blessed with talent.

In those days sublime talent like Willie Morgan or Denis Tueart were alkies cut to pieces by psychotics like Norman Hunter and John Hollins.

Happier, simpler days.

1 minute ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Don't get me wrong, I think we are in the zenith with the players around just now, but most are dedicated athletes, blessed with talent.

In those days sublime talent like Willie Morgan or Denis Tueart were alkies cut to pieces by psychotics like Norman Hunter and John Hollins.

Happier, simpler days.

Yeah, I wasn't really being serious. The game is certainly better now the talented players are allowed to do their thing without being hacked down by the cloggers.

Yeah, I wasn't really being serious. The game is certainly better now the talented players are allowed to do their thing without being hacked down by the cloggers.

Yer Hunters and Tommy Smiths didn't slow George Best down all that much..
Avoiding the psychos was also a talent. Not such a crowd pleaser, but a talent nonetheless.

On 03/08/2019 at 07:50, throbber said:

Nandos is decent if you’re in town and want a quick bite before the cinema or something, far better than the chains that are usually around about it like Frank and Bennys or the Filling station and cheaper too. Never got the hate for Nando’s at all.

Alright, is there an eaterie called "The Filling Station", or is Throbbette a fan of petrol station sandwiches?

9 hours ago, Bert Raccoon said:

Hash Browns are superior to Tattie Scones.

I'm not keen on hash browns.

A cloche in a hotel I was in was labelled "hash browns". I never even looked under it. But on the last day, I did and it was full of tattie scones. I've never felt so cheated.

37 minutes ago, Estragon IS NOT a fud said:

Used to work in a pub kitchen and would have a roll and hash brown + fried macaroni bite with hot sauce every shift. Unreal.

I can imagine.