Unpopular opinions.

Cold weather is better than hot for seeing attractive girls in nice clothes out and about.
I think you're supposed to be more interested in the girl, rather than the fabulous designer fleece she's hiding under.

Sorry to drag the Politics a Thread out again but - as an Unpopular Opinion as I expect it may be - I fully enjoy the contributions of@Malky3@oaksoft@Moomintroll and @Pet Jeden among others in there. Their persistence in the face of (another posters term) - the white noise of - political dogma is to be applauded.

However. Without dissenting voices to the majority we are all doomed. Hound them at your peril.

8 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

Sorry to drag the Politics a Thread out again but - as an Unpopular Opinion as I expect it may be - I fully enjoy the contributions of@Malky3@oaksoft@Moomintroll and @Pet Jeden among others in there. Their persistence in the face of (another posters term) - the white noise of - political dogma is to be applauded.

However. Without dissenting voices to the majority we are all doomed. Hound them at your peril.

@Moomintroll is amiable and open minded, @Pat Jeden is undogmatic and sometimes funny though has some weird grudges going on. @Malky3 and @oaksoft are continual snarly chihuahuas on a spamming loop who make conversation impossible. On the rare times they venture out of what is rapidly becoming the politics ghetto, mainly due to their input, into normal people's threads, they get a swift telling and scurry on back.

Moomintroll is so surreptitious no one knew he was a Tory until two weeks ago (and I don't think he posts in the politics board anyway), Pet Jeden is a bit weird even for a yam, Malky is one of the worst trolls I've ever seen and oaksoft is the angriest, least self-aware man alive

If differing voices posted on the politics board with anything worthwhile to say there wouldn't be a problem

[mention=72852]Moomintroll[/mention] is amiable and open minded, @Pat Jeden is undogmatic and sometimes funny though has some weird grudges going on. [mention=77734]Malky3[/mention] and [mention=8416]oaksoft[/mention] are continual snarly chihuahuas on a spamming loop who make conversation impossible. On the rare times they venture out of what is rapidly becoming the politics ghetto, mainly due to their input, into normal people's threads, they get a swift telling and scurry on back.

Oaksoft is a good class or two above malky. That boy is as thick as mince.

Oaksoft is controversial and at times way too old and sentimental, but he makes some interesting points from time to time and the hatred he gets is way too far.

I'm never a fan of playing the man and not the ball but malky (in more than his current guise) might be the only exception.

Moomintroll is so surreptitious no one knew he was a Tory until two weeks ago (and I don't think he posts in the politics board anyway), Pet Jeden is a bit weird even for a yam, Malky is one of the worst trolls I've ever seen and oaksoft is the angriest, least self-aware man alive
If differing voices posted on the politics board with anything worthwhile to say there wouldn't be a problem
Nah it's definitely too much of a 'left wing indy' bubble for me - and I'm a left wing indy supporter!

2 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Oaksoft is a good class or two above malky. That boy is as thick as mince.

Oaksoft is controversial and at times way too old and sentimental, but he makes some interesting points from time to time and the hatred he gets is way too far.

I'm never a fan of playing the man and not the ball but malky (in more than his current guise) might be the only exception.

I've tried to engage with Oaksoft in a normal and amiable way and he instantly turns into a frothing mess at the first sign of mild disagreement. Maybe you've found a way of getting past that.

I've tried to engage with Oaksoft in a normal and amiable way and he instantly turns into a frothing mess at the first sign of mild disagreement. Maybe you've found a way of getting past that.

I usually find other people jump in and call him a c**t (never seen you resort to insults though) and any chance of an interesting conversation vanishes.

14 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

I usually find other people jump in and call him a c**t (never seen you resort to insults though) and any chance of an interesting conversation vanishes.

Think the best thing for me is to keep them both on ignore, skim past quotes and hope they do the same for me. Malky's total inventions and Oaksoft's utter contempt for anyone less well off than him does my head in, and I'm sure I annoy them just as much.

Think the best thing for me is to keep them both on ignore, skim past quotes and hope they do the same for me. Malky's total inventions and Oaksoft's utter contempt for anyone less well off than him does my head in, and I'm sure I annoy them just as much.

Then you end up without any dissenting voices to your own views. Short term happiness, long term myopia.

1 minute ago, alta-pete said:

Then you end up without any dissenting voices to your own views. Short term happiness, long term myopia.

I'm very open to dissenting views, just not rabid repetitive ones where discussion is impossible.

1 hour ago, alta-pete said:

I’m not seeing what you are. They throw a wee grenade in, it goes pop, debate ensues.

What’s your view on the optimum outcome? They throw a wee grenade, muck it up, up their sleeve it goes and then they blow themselves up?

They throw in a lie or a trolling package, 3 pages of everyone calling each other c***s. It's very boring, and I don't like myself for getting sucked into responding. Many people have attempted rational debate with them but there's never any reasoned response to make conversation possible. Just another little grenade, as you say. Here's an example.

image.thumb.png.4c52a83ec7e82d53b86c10823375cf0b.png

Edited by welshbairn

Dear oh dear. I already knew that welshbairn was a bit of a snowflake, however (and this might be an unpopular opinion) I didn't have him marked down as the thickest person on the forum. However here he proves me wrong by posting that he doesn't like Oaksoft in a thread that is supposed to be about "unpopular opinions". :blink:

As for me, well I'm smarting. I thought the only reason all those smelly and ugly Scottish Nationalists on here wanted to talk to me on the politics forum was because they hero worshipped me. Now I find out that the ugliest of them all doesn't like me and what's worse he didn't even have the decency to announce his hatred behind my back. I'm off to cry myself to sleep. :ass

Edited by Malky3