Unpopular opinions.

• 2 weeks later...
South Park is consistently funnier than The Simpsons, Family Guy or any other cartoon for that matter

I’ve not watched South Park in years, but Scott Tenorman must die is still one of the funniest things I’ve ever seen on tv.

I’ve not watched South Park in years, but Scott Tenorman must die is still one of the funniest things I’ve ever seen on tv.
It's one of the few shows that live up to its past, even the newest season is hilarious.

South Park’s quality varies pretty wildly year on year. No animated show comes even close to the standard of The Simpson’s from about Series 2-10 but it’s not been even close to that sort of standard in over 15 years.

On 30/05/2020 at 14:38, bennett said:

Neapolitan. 

decent shout if you're talking about the properly prepared pistachio, vanilla and cherry configuration

if one of your preferred tre colori is chocolate, however, you're better off doing us all a favour, ignoring charlie's advice and going and pulling a kettle-full of scalding water off the table and on to your face....

10 hours ago, Empty It said:

South Park is consistently funnier than The Simpsons, Family Guy or any other cartoon for that matter

Haven't seen South Park since Season Seven or so, but it would need to have dropped pretty drastically to be poorer than recent Simpsons or Family Guy.

The wean's become obsessed with Family Guy lately, and I can't think of a poorer show that's lasted so long.

2 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

The Simpsons.

It was good at the start.

Edit: actually, that's not true. It was good once they hit their stride. Family Guy appears to have started at the 'moron Homer' phase.

Edited by BigFatTabbyDave

It was good at the start.
Edit: actually, that's not true. It was good once they hit their stride. Family Guy appears to have started at the 'moron Homer' phase.
Family Guy is just ridiculous for 20 minutes. It's easy enough watching with a few daft gags depending on your sense of humour.

The Simpsons was incredible television for about 10 seasons. It's a pretty sad fact that it's been terrible more than it's been good. The very definition of milking a cash cow dry.

3 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Family Guy is just ridiculous for 20 minutes. It's easy enough watching with a few daft gags depending on your sense of humour.

The Simpsons was incredible television for about 10 seasons. It's a pretty sad fact that it's been terrible more than it's been good. The very definition of milking a cash cow dry.

Very odd that people still watch it en masse, so it seems.

They're all receiving retirement pay for the good work they did years ago, as far as I'm concerned. Good luck to them.

1 hour ago, Shandon Par said:

The song Hallelujah is utter shite. Whether it's Cohen, Buckley or some twats on an advert singing it makes no difference. Dreary piece of pish. 

How dare you!

The song Hallelujah is utter shite. Whether it's Cohen, Buckley or some twats on an advert singing it makes no difference. Dreary piece of pish. 

There aren't enough greenies in the world.

It's good when its Cohens voice IMO.

You can just about splash around in the fucking misery.

It's also a lyrical masterpiece tbh.

I like the Jeff Buckley and the Leonard Cohen version.  Any busker caught singing it should be shot on sight though.