Unpopular opinions.

6 minutes ago, jmothecat said:

I know this sounds cold-hearted but I find this Australian immigrant family case very irritating. I do feel sorry for them, however I wonder if there would be so much fuss and public care over this family if they were Pakistani or Iranian rather than from an English-speaking white country.

I'm not surprised a New Labour type like you has no compassion.  There should be fuss and public concern and that should be the case regardless of their ethnic origin.  They came here under a set of rules and those rules were changed.

If the Home Office wanted to intervene here they could.

8 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I'm not surprised a New Labour type like you has no compassion.  There should be fuss and public concern and that should be the case regardless of their ethnic origin.  They came here under a set of rules and those rules were changed.

I've sent a lynch mob to your door. PM me when they arrive.

22 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I've sent a lynch mob to your door. PM me when they arrive.

UKIP types are they?  Never mind I have a huge gate outside my house, those type respect private property.

10 minutes ago, Zen Archer said:

We've taken a wrong turning, be there in a minute, what's the house number again?

So not UKIP, Monster Raving Looney.

Just now, Granny Danger said:

UKIP types are they?  Never mind I have a huge gate outside my house, those type respect private property.

So not UKIP, Monster Raving Looney.

They're still at Dobbies, you're not going out are you? Give them another 20 minutes, if they're not there by then, they're probably not going to get there.

Sting doesnt tend to inflict his cock nuggetness on everyone that will listen and also attempt to do so to those who dont want to listen.

That seperates him from Bono/Geldof who occupy the top drawer when it comes to music industry bellends IMO

That is a fair point Sir

Bono and Geldof far outweigh Sting in the bellend stakes.

5 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

They're still at Dobbies, you're not going out are you? Give them another 20 minutes, if they're not there by then, they're probably not going to get there.

We'll be there shortly, just made a detour to his favourite garden centre to rename the park in his honour, does anyone want a big G?

Spoiler

An us Gateway

52 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

She came here to study and was admitted under that proviso, not as an immigrant. If she were from Malawi there would be pitchfork wielding mobs marching on Holyrood and candlelit vigils at the Green Bigots.

9 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

I have held this opinion for a while, but it has been returned to the front of my mind by the fact there were 3 trailers for the David Brent film (which looks fucking awful) when I went to see Jason Bourne.

I saw one of those, the one where he's getting a tattoo of Berkshire.

He's just going to end up with 'BERK', isn't he?  :unsure:

11 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

She came here to study and was admitted under that proviso, not as an immigrant. If she were from Malawi there would be pitchfork wielding mobs marching on Holyrood and candlelit vigils at the Green Bigots.

You say that like its a good thing.  It's not.

Well my unpopular opinion is that people who are unwilling to work to support their families (as opposed to those that genuinely can't) are unfit role models so apart from not getting dole (and the other welfare payments) their kids should be taken into care until the parents are willing to do their bit. I'd hope the threat would be enough for it not to happen. 'Their bit; might well involve help from the government but they should be setting an example to their kids. This is very much a snapshot of my 'perfect world' and at the 'not gonna happen' end of my 'solution' but despite my general live and let live approach to life I think kids are due a decent role model......

Incoming.gif

I'm not as right wing as that sounds and its never going to happen but that's my unpopular opinion.