Unpopular opinions.

30 minutes ago, chomp my root said:

Well my unpopular opinion is that people who are unwilling to work to support their families (as opposed to those that genuinely can't) are unfit role models so apart from not getting dole (and the other welfare payments) their kids should be taken into care until the parents are willing to do their bit. I'd hope the threat would be enough for it not to happen. 'Their bit; might well involve help from the government but they should be setting an example to their kids. This is very much a snapshot of my 'perfect world' and at the 'not gonna happen' end of my 'solution' but despite my general live and let live approach to life I think kids are due a decent role model......

Incoming.gif

I'm not as right wing as that sounds and its never going to happen but that's my unpopular opinion.

Assuming the kids are being taken care of by their parents, there'd be absolutely no benefit to anyone involved and a load of negatives, but apart from that...

5 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Assuming the kids are being taken care of by their parents, there'd be absolutely no benefit to anyone involved and a load of negatives, but apart from that...

My draconian (and not going to happen) measures would be for those that despite what they say are never going to work unless they somehow land a top job with a blank CV. Its more of a shaming them to work to support their kids (the fact that they're working would mean they get benefits as opposed to not working and getting benefits). If they decide to 'stick it to da man' and stick to their principles (?) and refuse to take a job they would get their benefits taken off them and be unable to support their kids so the kids would be better off without the freeloading parents. It wouldn't be a blanket approach and not targeted at single mums, I'm no John Major (although I would pump Edwina even now, I've not done an MP ...yet :P). Its only a part of the plans for when the rest of the world comes to its senses and appoints me as Emperor of Everything. 

c068027acb6c51224259b776d20df9ae.jpg

Olympics is a pile of pish. Glorified school sports day for folk who were shite at football.

Popular opinion I reckon. I mean who really gives a f**k about it? Not heard anybody bring it up in general conversation, thankfully the football will be back. If there was a team Scotland I might have a slight interest, but because it's team GB I find it even more insufferable.

I hope team GB and indeed any Scots turning out for team GB get pumped rotten.

I like Mondays, to be honest.  I think constant mumping and moaning and wishing your life away is a waste of time.  Make the best of your job and if you can't then get one that you can make the best of an enjoy.

10 hours ago, chomp my root said:

Well my unpopular opinion is that people who are unwilling to work to support their families (as opposed to those that genuinely can't) are unfit role models so apart from not getting dole (and the other welfare payments) their kids should be taken into care until the parents are willing to do their bit. I'd hope the threat would be enough for it not to happen. 'Their bit; might well involve help from the government but they should be setting an example to their kids. This is very much a snapshot of my 'perfect world' and at the 'not gonna happen' end of my 'solution' but despite my general live and let live approach to life I think kids are due a decent role model......

Incoming.gif

I'm not as right wing as that sounds and its never going to happen but that's my unpopular opinion.

The problem with saying "folk should go out and work" is a bit simplistic when you factor in how many people are simply unemployable. They've scraped through school, bailed out at the minimum age, find it hard to interact socially with people outwith their small sphere. They've probably been the victim of their own parents' (or lack of parents) lack of guidance and it becomes a vicious circle of generations of living on benefits. 

f**k knows how to sort all that out. 

18 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

The problem with saying "folk should go out and work" is a bit simplistic when you factor in how many people are simply unemployable. They've scraped through school, bailed out at the minimum age, find it hard to interact socially with people outwith their small sphere. They've probably been the victim of their own parents' (or lack of parents) lack of guidance and it becomes a vicious circle of generations of living on benefits. 

f**k knows how to sort all that out. 

I totally agree with all of that, including, unfortunately, the final sentence.

11 hours ago, chomp my root said:

The problem is though. These people go into work and aren't being paid for the work that they're doing. You get morons in the government who make the same argument you are, but they know full well there isn't enough payable jobs available out there, so the push people onto unpaid work programmes instead.

How do people trying to support a family do so if they're on unpaid full time work programmes and get very little help for child care? They find themselves in a far worse off position than merely sitting on the dole. It's not their fault.

4 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

I think the Offensive behaviour act needs strengthened and rolled out across all spectator sports.  Especially rugby, horse-racing and snooker.

And we should bring back National Service.

Rugby should be classed as offensive behaviour, full stop.

Everyone isn't the same of course, but there are a good number of folk out there who just refuse to work. You only need to watch any of the numerous benefits programmes to realise some folk are quite clearly 'at it'.

Unfortunately, when it comes to discussing benefits these arseholes are generally who folk automatically think of and therefore tar everyone claiming benefits with the same brush.