Unpopular opinions.

I like to see the England Cricket team doing well - I do not have any similar feelings towards either the English Football or Rugby teams who I am quite happy to see lose on a regular basis.

I think most Scots feel that way. I dislike the football and rugby teams, like the cricket team.

I don't dislike the Rugby and Football teams. In fact there are a lot of players from both that I reckon would be pretty decent guys. I want to see them fail miserably purely down to the hype of the media and fans. If both were less arrogant I probably wouldn't have any issue with either. Obviously I want to see the Football team fail most as the arrogance surrounding them is higher than that of the Rugby team.

Its not the England players that are the problem its the lap top hard man brigade of their supporters banging on about their "best league in the world" whilst belittling the Scots that has gotten to me this year. I couldn't scroll through my FB without reading some sort of anti Scottish sentiment from an English fan page followed by very bitter and hateful comments. 

7 hours ago, throbber said:

Its not the England players that are the problem its the lap top hard man brigade of their supporters banging on about their "best league in the world" whilst belittling the Scots that has gotten to me this year. I couldn't scroll through my FB without reading some sort of anti Scottish sentiment from an English fan page followed by very bitter and hateful comments. 

Ask them what Scottish games they've watched outwith Celtic or Rangers highlights. You'll find that you don't get a reply. 

8 hours ago, throbber said:

They moved away from the "best league in the world" last season to the "only here can you see this" stuff, and now have moved onto "richest league in the world" this season.

They moved away from the "best league in the world" last season to the "only here can you see this" stuff, and now have moved onto "richest league in the world" this season.

Yeah - as if it's the only league where everyone can bear everyone! All that it proved was that the bigger teams who spent the most were underperforming and buying players at inflated rates.

I do feel bad for the average football fan in England who can't afford to attend games. The England game was made great by ordinary working class individuals and now it's been sold back to them at a rip off price by the likes of sky. It annoys me that the supporters fail to see that their best league in the world is made up of mostly foreign players (65-70%?) foreign managers (no English manager has won the league) and foreign investors who buy a football club as a dick measuring contest for a hobby. The responses I usually get for pointing this out is along the lines of "well it's better than Scottish football." So maybe I should feel less sorry for some of them.

A large part of Team GB's Olympic success is down to doping.

I believe that the large amount of money invested and planning on 4 year cycles is clearly the most important factor.

Having said that, it'll be interesting to what doping stories/rumours appear about the previous two GB Olympics in the next few decades.