Unpopular opinions.

13 hours ago, throbber said:

This isn’t an opinion but I have absolutely hated Fridays for about a year now and find they are the day I am at my least enthusiastic, least energetic and most sensitive when it comes to every days annoyances getting the better of me. I’m not sure if I’m suffering some sort of weekday dysmorphia but I am finding that I enjoy Mondays now.

I'll rename you "the late Arthur Dent".

7 minutes ago, The Other Foot said:

Ryanair’s priority boarding is for stupid people.

I assume this is an ‘unpopular’ opinion, as the priority queue is more often than not bigger than the normal queue. With zero added benefit. 

I've always thought it strange that people are in such a hurry to get into their cramped cabin seat, when they could be freely walking around in the terminal for an extra 20+ minutes safe in the knowledge that the seat will in fact still be there when they board.

2 minutes ago, Zetterlund said:

I've always thought it strange that people are in such a hurry to get into their cramped cabin seat, when they could be freely walking around in the terminal for an extra 20+ minutes safe in the knowledge that the seat will in fact still be there when they board.

I figure it's so they can take up all the space in the overhead bins and spread themselves out in the hope that whoever they're sitting next to/in front of/behind will be too polite to tell them to stop acting the c**t.

20 minutes ago, The Other Foot said:

I assume this is an ‘unpopular’ opinion, as the priority queue is more often than not bigger than the normal queue. With zero added benefit. 

Priority boarding is possibly the most stupid thing I've ever heard of. Priority security is absolutely class on the other hand. We got given 4 free passes when we used the car park at Edinburgh airport last year. Supposed to be flying from Glasgow in a few weeks (if the strikes don't effect it) and seriously considering forking out the £30 to fast track security. 

17 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Priority boarding is possibly the most stupid thing I've ever heard of. Priority security is absolutely class on the other hand. We got given 4 free passes when we used the car park at Edinburgh airport last year. Supposed to be flying from Glasgow in a few weeks (if the strikes don't effect it) and seriously considering forking out the £30 to fast track security. 

The folk who really p!ss me off on planes are the celfish sunts who get on, then before moving up the plane to their seat in row 29 put their "hand luggage" in the overhead bins of the folk at the front who aren't on yet.

The cabin crew should be empowered to ask " does this bag belong to anyone in the nearest 3 rows?" and if it doesn't chuck the d@mn thing out the door.

If you're too tight to book a seat at the front, you'll just have to carry the fkkn thing up to your seat.

I'd be surprised if any P&Bers were guilty of such behaviour as in general we're a pretty decent bunch, IMO.

24 minutes ago, BFTD said:

I figure it's so they can take up all the space in the overhead bins and spread themselves out in the hope that whoever they're sitting next to/in front of/behind will be too polite to tell them to stop acting the c**t.

PTTGOYN for this, but people who are constantly going back into their luggage in the overhead bins throughout the flight are utter arseholes. Really, how much stuff do you need to get through a flight? Anyone who goes to the bin more than once should be banned from flying for 10 years.

37 minutes ago, Zetterlund said:

You should speak to my wife. She has a perfectly logical explanation. I say logical, I don't understand it, but you might.

11 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

The folk who really p!ss me off on planes are the celfish sunts who get on, then before moving up the plane to their seat in row 29 put their "hand luggage" in the overhead bins of the folk at the front who aren't on yet.

The cabin crew should be empowered to ask " does this bag belong to anyone in the nearest 3 rows?" and if it doesn't chuck the d@mn thing out the door.

If you're too tight to book a seat at the front, you'll just have to carry the fkkn thing up to your seat.

I'd be surprised if any P&Bers were guilty of such behaviour as in general we're a pretty decent bunch, IMO.

I've never witnessed this before. But now it's been pointed out it's an absolute stick on someone will do it on my next flight. 

9 minutes ago, Zetterlund said:

PTTGOYN for this, but people who are constantly going back into their luggage in the overhead bins throughout the flight are utter arseholes. Really, how much stuff do you need to get through a flight? Anyone who goes to the bin more than once should be banned from flying for 10 years.

I've never actually put anything in the overhead apart from a jacket. I usually take a small backpack on board with me that fits under my seat and has anything I'll need, for that very reason. f**k standing up all the time to get into a bag. 

53 minutes ago, The Other Foot said:

I never fly Ryanair, but am often on easyJet for my sins, and you have to book priority boarding (they call it "Speedy Boarding" with no hint of shame or irony) if you want to take a "large" cabin bag. I've become very adept at cramming an unfeasible amount of shit into a small, under-seat bag, often approaching neutron star densities in my desire to save money. 

They've got a cheek too charging a fortune for a few extra kilos of luggage while charging me the same price for a ludicrously narrow seat as the sweaty c**t with a BMI of 35 who almost invariably is wedged in next to me.

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

I've never actually put anything in the overhead apart from a jacket. I usually take a small backpack on board with me that fits under my seat and has anything I'll need, for that very reason. f**k standing up all the time to get into a bag. 

This is what I don't understand about the c**ts who are always at their overhead luggage. Even when the 2 of us are flying, the Mrs' large handbag is more than enough to carry everything we need for the flight. 

6 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Definitely agree about the fast track security. We got it as part of our package and strolling through security at Edinburgh airport while looking at the huge queues was a delight. 

6 hours ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

I paid for priority a few weeks ago as I took my adult, but disabled, daughter and my middle son away.  Down near the front, plenty of time to get her settled and make sure the bag with her meds was nearby -  folk got nippy when I shoved my stuff into the overhead bin and they couldn't get their multitude of crap shoved on top. Beat it up to your own seat.

6 hours ago, Doctor Manhattan said:

They've got a cheek too charging a fortune for a few extra kilos of luggage while charging me the same price for a ludicrously narrow seat as the sweaty c**t with a BMI of 35 who almost invariably is wedged in next to me.

Aye sorry about that

I quite often sit in the emergency exit row, and it infuriates me when the overhead bins are full before I even get on the plane. Given you're not allowed to put your bag under the seat there, those bins should be kept clear at the very least until the people in those rows are in their seat.

If I'm in any other seat, I normally have my carry-on under the seat in front, as it's rarely big enough to require any extra space

2 hours ago, Peil said:

Aye sorry about that

Imagine my surprise when, shortly after making a post on P&B referencing the inequity of airlines' weight-based fare structures, this popped up unbidden on my Facebook feed. I doubt it's an unpopular opinion that Mark Zuckerberg and his AI-loving staff are a bunch of creepy stalking c***s, but I'm posting it here anyway.

image.png.b410df18773acc7152d893d9723eb917.png

12 hours ago, The Other Foot said:

Don't you get extra baggage allowance with priority boarding?