Out of the mouth of babes...

kiwififer

I'm looking for a flat at the moment and my girlfriend is absolutely raging that the one me and my future flatmate like (on a bus route to work, close to a supermarket etc) is close to where she'll be staying - about a 10 minute walk. She's genuinely furious and not talking to me because we'll 'be on top of each other.' I'm fucking bemused, she might bump into her other half in the shops - is that even a bad thing?!

38 minutes ago, Alex_14 said:

I'm looking for a flat at the moment and my girlfriend is absolutely raging that the one me and my future flatmate like (on a bus route to work, close to a supermarket etc) is close to where she'll be staying - about a 10 minute walk. She's genuinely furious and not talking to me because we'll 'be on top of each other.' I'm fucking bemused, she might bump into her other half in the shops - is that even a bad thing?!

She's either annoyed you're not moving in together or is wary of you bumping into her with her other lover.

She's cheating on you.

Sorry, mate.

15 hours ago, Alex_14 said:

Maybe not looking forward to bumping into you all the time after you split up?

Get some sexual tension simmering away with the new flatmate so you've something to fall back on.

Maybe not looking forward to bumping into you all the time after you split up?
Get some sexual tension simmering away with the new flatmate so you've something to fall back on.

This is answer I'm genuinely thinking it is, which, if true, is all the more reason to say f**k you I'll get the flat that suits me (although I'm doing that anyway)

She's definitely sleeping with someone else mate.

4 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

But what if she is just going to bed and sleeping in the same bed as said person and no intimate contact takes place? 

Then the phrase would be perfectly fine

Stop saying 'sleeping with'. It's a w**k phrase. Just say sex/shagging etc.

If there is one thing that sleeping with/sex/shagging most definitely isn't then it's w**k.

Have a think about what words mean before you bounce in acting wide.