E-Chat Quick Question Thread

forehead7

I got an iPhone 5 back at the start of February and recently the lock button has been playing up only working sometimes, and it's getting worse and worse. Are Apple likely to fix this free of charge? Or how much does it cost?

Apple store replaced my 4s with a home button problem , sure they would do the same.

My laptop screen goes blank when I switch it on. I've had it for ages and knew I would have to get a new one sooner rather than later, but I have some work on it that I kind of need to access. I'm worried it's just crashed - if so is there anything that can be done about it or is it a gonner? I'm going to take it to PC World tomorrow to see what they say anyway.

My laptop screen goes blank when I switch it on. I've had it for ages and knew I would have to get a new one sooner rather than later, but I have some work on it that I kind of need to access. I'm worried it's just crashed - if so is there anything that can be done about it or is it a gonner? I'm going to take it to PC World tomorrow to see what they say anyway.

If it's the laptop screen that's gone and your laptop has an HDMI port it might be worth a try running an HDMI cable between your laptop and TV and see if you view it on that. That way, you could back-up your work and transfer it onto the new laptop once you get it.

A) Missing artwork - I usually just type the album name into Google, save the image to my desktop and then select the tracks that are missing their covers and put them in manually. Takes less than a minute per album.

B) I've had that a few times - if you have access to another computer, try the disc in that - I've found a lot of discs that won't rip on my laptop, but do it no bother on my wife's or on my work PC.

Cheers for the replies.

For the artwork I just copied and pasted from google images into the 'get info' tab. I was making it a lot harder than it needed to be.

I still couldn't get some albums to load, so I acquired them from elsewhere. ;-)

I got £77 from music magpie for 300 albums and bought a 320gb external hard drive for £33 from amazon to back it up. The ext hard drive is now plugged into my PS3, it's a grand wee set up!!

Right, I've fucked up. Installed Swift key to see what it's like and changed my mind after realising that it didn't have an option for the traditional phone keyboard.

Uninstalled it now my stock keyboard is only giving me the option of qwerty, rather than my preferred phone keypad.

How the f**k do I get it back?

Right, I've fucked up. Installed Swift key to see what it's like and changed my mind after realising that it didn't have an option for the traditional phone keyboard.

Uninstalled it now my stock keyboard is only giving me the option of qwerty, rather than my preferred phone keypad.

How the f**k do I get it back?

Give me a screen shot buddy.

HTC One, I've downloaded kii and it's the xt9 option that I was needing.

Did you try Settings>Language&Keyboard>HTC Sense Input>Keyboard Selection>Keyboard Types

In there is; Standard (QWERTY), Standard (AZERTY), Standard (QWERTZ) & Phone

I'm looking for a new phone but I've never had a phone on contract before. Are Carphone Warehouse the best people to go through for deals? Also, is the HTC One any good? I like the look of it and the reviews seem positive.

I'm looking for a new phone but I've never had a phone on contract before. Are Carphone Warehouse the best people to go through for deals? Also, is the HTC One any good? I like the look of it and the reviews seem positive.

I found that www.buymobilephones.net had better deals than Carphone Warehouse - especially if you're after a free gift with your contract (PS3, XBox, tablet etc).

Drop me a PM if you want me to send you a referral link.