E-Chat Quick Question Thread

forehead7

Needing to send some high-volume files (one at 2.57Gb, one at 5Gb, compressed) to my company for video editing, is there any kind of lossless compression that I can use that can get it down to about 2Gb there or there abouts, or if there is any cloud storage media that accept files over 2Gb?

IIRC microsoft onedrive has a 10 gig filesize limit.

Eta: just checked their website and its still a 10 gig file-size limit, with 15 gig of free storage. :thumsup2

Edited by vip3r

Needing to send some high-volume files (one at 2.57Gb, one at 5Gb, compressed) to my company for video editing, is there any kind of lossless compression that I can use that can get it down to about 2Gb there or there abouts, or if there is any cloud storage media that accept files over 2Gb?

You can use the popular H264 Matroska MKV format which can compress video files down to a fraction of it's size without too much quality loss. H264 MP4 is also useful but can't compress as good as the MKV file format.

Although the new H265 HEVC video compression can compress even further than the MKV format and is the new standard for the forthcoming 4K video streaming, compression etc. If you can get a hold of a free converting program to HEVC 265 I'd go for that and after a few experiments on parameter settings in the encoding you can just about shrink a 5GB file down to just over a gig easily without too much loss of quality, in fact you might not even see the difference.

Here is the DivX HEVC 265 encoder and I think you can use it as a trial or it is free ????

http://www.divx.com/en/software/hevc-plugin

Hope this helps you out.

Eta, recently I downloaded an Orphan Black episode on the HEVC 265 format. It was in 720p and around 580mb in size. I usually downloaded the 720p MKV H264 web version at twice it's size at around 1.30GB. I was utterly amazed at how damn good the quality was at half the size :eek: 40 minutes long and rivalled the larger MKV file in picture quality and sound, I am certain that if the H265 file was 1.30GB it would be so near Blu-ray 1080p quality you wouldn't even notice the difference.

Edited by hellbhoy

• 2 weeks later...

I'm useless with computers so I apologise if this is a stupid question.

I'm trying to get photos from my laptop to my iPhone, which is just basically pissing me off.

Cheers in advance

A quick search on google should help you sync your Iphone to your PC.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=how+to+tranfer+photos+onto+iphone+from+pc&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&gws_rd=cr&ei=jbyeVanMMPHd7QbI8IK4Bw

How much does a PS4 controller sell for on eBay and the likes? Excellent condition, just doesn't get used.

You would have been quicker just checking Ebay rather than asking on here. ;)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&LH_Auction=1&_nkw=ps4%20controller&LH_Complete=1&rt=nc&_trksid=p2045573.m1684

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone good with excel on here? I've got a last man standing excel spreadsheet that I downloaded, but only 3 of the rows work, when I need 12 and when I copy and paste the formulas down, it doesn't work the same. any ideas?!

Anyone good with excel on here? I've got a last man standing excel spreadsheet that I downloaded, but only 3 of the rows work, when I need 12 and when I copy and paste the formulas down, it doesn't work the same. any ideas?!

Are their references to other cells in the formula? If so, you might need to make them absolute references by putting a $ in front.

ie $A1 will always look at column A. A$1 will always look at row 1 and $A$1 will always look at cell A1

Could be nothing to do with that of course :lol:

The first 3 rows work, and I've copied the info for the cells over correctly, but when I copy the multiple choice cells down, it seems to replicate the cells for the above row and not the new one.

Scroll over to column AE. You'll need to copy those columns and create a new one for each extra player

Scroll over to column AE. You'll need to copy those columns and create a new one for each extra player

When I done that, when I select a team in the corresponding drop down box, it still allows me to select that team in future weeks, which doesn't happen on the first 3 rows, so I need to somehow replicate those from row 5 onwards. Frustrating.

Anyone recommend a "flash player" for iOS? I noticed Photon player thingy for £3.99 in the App Store.

Need one for the Dons game tonight as I in a PC free zone with only iPad to stream RedTV.

Eta. Puffin seems to work.

Jailbreak then install Kodi with all the "good addons"??

Quite fancy an upgraded graphics card for my PC after 7 years of faithful service, but don't want to spend too much, any recommendations?

Also, never realised how dust build up could affect performance. Opened up my tower and dusted it all down, can only presume its been overheating with the build up.

Quite fancy an upgraded graphics card for my PC after 7 years of faithful service, but don't want to spend too much, any recommendations?

Also, never realised how dust build up could affect performance. Opened up my tower and dusted it all down, can only presume its been overheating with the build up.

How much is not too much?

How much is not too much?

Also need to consider your other specs too. No point in spending a couple of hundred on a graphics card if the processor, RAM etc are past their prime too especially considering the age of the system and you might be better off replacing everything.

For what its worth I got this one recently - http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00NOP536YI wanted an upgrade and having looked at a number of benchmarking sites like http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/ this one seemed to give better performance then my previous card without breaking the bank at the same time.

Edited by NorthernLights