E-Chat Quick Question Thread

forehead7

Cheers mate .

It says there not for sale yet and no prices so far . Should be on the market soon though .

I was in my local B and M shop and saw a device that charged various items.

http://www.bmstores.co.uk/products/belkin-universal-laptop-charger-279345

There is another item just out that can charge 3 devices at once but it was out of stock.

You can try Amazon too.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=iphone+5+docking+stations&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Aiphone+5+docking+stations

Edited by Celtic Rebel.

I'm phone shopping and am kind of stuck between choosing a Galaxy S III mini for £21pm or an iphone 4 for £26pm. any pointers?

Feel like I'm being drawn to the iphone just because it's an iphone and for little other reason.

Recently moved back in with the parents and my mum has an ancient router supplied by Telewest Broadband circa 2006. Can I phone up Virgin and ask them to send me a new wireless one?

Yes. They might say no, but they'll probably say oh all right then.

Recently moved back in with the parents and my mum has an ancient router supplied by Telewest Broadband circa 2006. Can I phone up Virgin and ask them to send me a new wireless one?

Telewest are in no way responsible for a new wireless mum ........

I got a new laptop in November, but i'm constantly having to clear the cache (sometimes every 30mins) as the formatting of various websites goes to shit.

Any ideas what causes this, and what a better fix would be than just clearing the cache?

Ta!

Anyone know how to reduce the size of the screen in Windows 8? Basically I'm hooking my laptop up to the tv so it's a big monitor but the laptop screen is too big for the tv so I'm missing some of it on each side.

I can only find the resolution which doesn't change the size of the screen. In Vista there was an option to reduce the size of the horizontal and vertical by percentage but I can't find that option on 8.

I got a new laptop in November, but i'm constantly having to clear the cache (sometimes every 30mins) as the formatting of various websites goes to shit.

Any ideas what causes this, and what a better fix would be than just clearing the cache?

Ta!

What browser is it? Have you tried using a different one? You could set the browser to always check for a new version, rather than using a cached version, if that is the problem.

Anyone know how to reduce the size of the screen in Windows 8? Basically I'm hooking my laptop up to the tv so it's a big monitor but the laptop screen is too big for the tv so I'm missing some of it on each side.

I can only find the resolution which doesn't change the size of the screen. In Vista there was an option to reduce the size of the horizontal and vertical by percentage but I can't find that option on 8.

Does it sound like this problem. They fixed it by updating the graphic driver

What browser is it? Have you tried using a different one? You could set the browser to always check for a new version, rather than using a cached version, if that is the problem.

It was Firefox, and I have yet to try another browser. However, following your second point I found some info on changing the cache settings in the about:config screen, as the GUI wasn't giving me any options (that I could see anyway).

I'll give it a try and see how it goes, cheers.

I was just using you tube. It asked me to switch my name from my login name to my full real name. I agreed and then it wanted me to sign up for google plus which I did. I quickly decided that googleplus was pretty rank and decided to delete my account (nobody I know was on it) and the up shot is I have lost my gmail address and my you tube account. My gmail address was seldom used but it was linked to my android phone for google play store purposes eg buying apps. I have another youtube login from many moons ago which I can use for you tube but all my favourite videos and liked videos have been lost. I have manged to set up another gmail address and link it to my android phone.

Is there any way I can get my favourite and liked videos back on youtube?

I appreciate this is more than a quick question but it does not merit a thread of its own.

I was just using you tube. It asked me to switch my name from my login name to my full real name. I agreed and then it wanted me to sign up for google plus which I did. I quickly decided that googleplus was pretty rank and decided to delete my account (nobody I know was on it) and the up shot is I have lost my gmail address and my you tube account. My gmail address was seldom used but it was linked to my android phone for google play store purposes eg buying apps. I have another youtube login from many moons ago which I can use for you tube but all my favourite videos and liked videos have been lost. I have manged to set up another gmail address and link it to my android phone.

Is there any way I can get my favourite and liked videos back on youtube?

I appreciate this is more than a quick question but it does not merit a thread of its own.

You deleted your google account. Google doesn't silo services, one account will give access to everything so when you deleted your google+ account you deleted every other google service connected with it.

My link this gives you a link where you might be able to recover your account.

You deleted your google account. Google doesn't silo services, one account will give access to everything so when you deleted your google+ account you deleted every other google service connected with it.

My link this gives you a link where you might be able to recover your account.

Many thanks for the link it worked. I answered some security questions and then simply reset the password and its all back up and running now.

I'm quite happy with my galaxy S2 and not looking to upgrade yet. However I've had it over a year and the battery life is humpty due to the amount of times it's been charged.

So I'm looking to buy a new battery- what should I be looking out for or any recommendations? Obviously the higher the mAh the better but I don't want to buy something that cooks the phone.