E-Chat Quick Question Thread

forehead7

Got a 7, nexus rocks, by far the best bang for your buck.

I'm essentially using it as a replacement for my laptop, which, after 5 years is starting to not perform very well. I'll use it for note taking and other things for uni.

Anyone got a good program for downloading and listening to podcasts that isn't iTunes? I don't know what it is but iTunes runs ridiculously slowly on my computer and freezes constantly.

I've got all the podcast files on my hard drive so one that'll allow me to just dump those in, subscribe and then download the latest ones is what I'm looking for.

I got zune as part of my windows phone and it's set to download off the ball every week... No complaints

I got zune as part of my windows phone and it's set to download off the ball every week... No complaints

Zune :lol: Sorry that brings back some memories there. Hopefully the software is better than the failed MP3 player.

I'm currently slogging through all my CDs installing them to ITunes. 250 on so far with about 100 to go.

Anyway my two questions are:

A ) some albums have missing artwork, what's the easiest and quickest way of getting it?

B ) I have around 20 albums that have failed to load. It looks like its working fine then when its finished all the songs are only 0:00 or 0:01 seconds long.

I know this is probably to do with those discs copyright or something, but is there a way round this?

Edited by Senior_Coconut

I got an iPhone 5 back at the start of February and recently the lock button has been playing up only working sometimes, and it's getting worse and worse. Are Apple likely to fix this free of charge? Or how much does it cost?

I'm currently slogging through all my CDs installing them to ITunes. 250 on so far with about 100 to go.

A ) some albums have missing artwork, what's the easiest and quickest way of getting it?

B ) I have around 20 albums that have failed to load. It looks like its working fine then when its finished all the songs are only 0:00 or 0:01 seconds long.

I know this is probably to do with those discs copyright or something, but is there a way round this?

A) Missing artwork - I usually just type the album name into Google, save the image to my desktop and then select the tracks that are missing their covers and put them in manually. Takes less than a minute per album.

B) I've had that a few times - if you have access to another computer, try the disc in that - I've found a lot of discs that won't rip on my laptop, but do it no bother on my wife's or on my work PC.

A) Missing artwork - I usually just type the album name into Google, save the image to my desktop and then select the tracks that are missing their covers and put them in manually. Takes less than a minute per album.

B) I've had that a few times - if you have access to another computer, try the disc in that - I've found a lot of discs that won't rip on my laptop, but do it no bother on my wife's or on my work PC.

A) i'd try right click>"Get album atwork" in the first instance. Failing that then aye, Google images.

Edited by Mik

Try this site. Worked well for me!

http://albumart.org/

I use Hotmail on 3 devices (PC, phone and tablet). I only got the tablet a couple of months ago and since then I've noticed my sent items folder contains multiple copies of the same emails. The emails are "sent" every 15 minutes during the day and every hour at night i.e. at the intervals I've set the tablet to refresh. Is there a way to stop this?

ETA: The tablet is a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2.

Edited by lanky_ffc