May 2011 Election

xbl

498 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Time for the big guns :lol:

Some of the top names from Scottish football today backed Labour’s team in the election. A side of eleven footballers and two managers leant their weight to Labour in today’s Daily Record newspaper.

Old firm rivals Ally McCoist and Tom Boyd joined forces to offer their backing to the party.

M_4888e4f6-84d4-8154-8575-d9540e86dfd4.jpgScottish Labour Leader Iain Gray said: "It is fantastic to see so many Scottish football legends backing Labour. More and more undecided voters are moving towards Labour because our team is fighting hard for working people, putting jobs and services first. We have to tackle the big issues, and while the SNP would push to separate Scotland from the rest of the UK, Labour will fight for jobs and the things that matter to working people."

Rangers star Ally McCoist said: "Labour are on the money with getting more kids involved in sport. I have always been a Labour man but now we need a Labour government more than ever."

Celtic star Tom Boyd said: "Times are tough and a lot of people are worried about losing their jobs, particularly young folk. People from all different walks of life will be supporting Labour because it is the only party focused on the things that really matter like tackling youth unemployment and keeping our streets safe. Now the Tories are back, I'll be voting Labour because they've got the best team."

Partick Thistle boss Jackie McNamara said: "Labour is my team and I am delighted to be backing them tomorrow. I have always been a Labour supporter and I think they have the right ideas for working families here in Scotland."

Manchester United manager Alex Ferguson: “If ever there was a time to be wary of Scotland pulling out of the UK, it is now. It would be a total distraction from what really matters to people – the economy, jobs, schools and hospitals. And for all the years Labour were in power in the UK and in Scotland, they did a lot of good on all those fronts, and would do so again. I have a sneaking suspicion David Cameron will quietly be hoping Labour don’t get back in Holyrood. So I hope they do.”

Dunfermline legend Scott Thompson said: "I've always been a Labour man. I've lived in Fife for three years and see how hard the Labour MPs and MSPs work here, so am delighted to be voting Labour tomorrow."

Celtic and Hibs star Bertie Auld said: "Labour are focused on the things that really matter like tackling youth unemployment, halving cancer waiting times and keeping our streets safe. I'm backing Labour because they are my team and on the side of Scottish families."

Jim Leishman said: "I am a big Labour supporter because of all the good work Gordon Brown has done over many years. He has now become a good friend of mine and that's partly why I will be supporting Labour tomorrow."

meadowbank is in midlothian. East starts after eastfield(joppa) *i think

I don't think Meadowbank is in Midlothian. It must be in the Edinburgh East constituency. I think they held the count jointly with other constituencies. All of the Edinburgh constituecies are holding their counts at the same place this time around, Highland Hall at Ingliston. I am not sure where the East Lothian count wil be this time around.

Oh and SNP,SNP,No or Spoil

I don't think Meadowbank is in Midlothian. It must be in the Edinburgh East constituency. I think they held the count jointly with other constituencies. All of the Edinburgh constituecies are holding their counts at the same place this time around, Highland Hall at Ingliston. I am not sure where the East Lothian count wil be this time around.

Edin east is midlothian.

The count will be in corn exchange haddington.

According to Labour internal party polling, Iain Gray is 5% behind in his own constituency.

He's a gonner.

I had a bet on this happening at 3/1 a few days ago. Fingers crossed.

Got Pauline McNeill to lose Glasgow Kelvin to the SNP as well.

Incidentally, does anyone have any polling figures for individual regions in the regional vote? Will George Galloway get in via the Glasgow list? At whose expense? I'm still swithering a bit on my regional vote.

Edin east is midlothian.

The count will be in corn exchange haddington.

No it isn't!! See! It's not even in Midlothian council, it's in Edinburgh ffs. Ediburgh is not in Midlothian. You sure it's in the corn exchange, I don't think it has been there for a number of years.

I had a bet on this happening at 3/1 a few days ago. Fingers crossed.

Got Pauline McNeill to lose Glasgow Kelvin to the SNP as well.

Incidentally, does anyone have any polling figures for individual regions in the regional vote? Will George Galloway get in via the Glasgow list? At whose expense? I'm still swithering a bit on my regional vote.

its still 7/2 for gray to lose to berry.

I got berry weeks ago(9/1) when I backed the snp at 6/1. Should be okay but I cant help but think labour currently at 8/1 is massive. This will be close tomorrow. Forget 2nd vote green/lib dems and get both to the snp.

I am going to place my vote on SNP/SNP/YES

Purely because the candidate for my area has been vocal and supportive for the regeneration of Denny Town Centre. Plus , my overwhelming hatred of the Labour party (Eric Joyce mainly) and their inability to listen to what we, in the Falkirk area are wanting.

If only Dennis Canavan was still going. Now there was a guy who listened and had complete respect.

No it isn't!! See! It's not even in Midlothian council, it's in Edinburgh ffs. Ediburgh is not in Midlothian. You sure it's in the corn exchange, I don't think it has been there for a number of years.

fair enough the east lothian(welcome to) signs are further east at eastfield and also beyond milerhill.

Meadowbank is certainly NOT east lothian. Trust me.

fair enough the east lothian(welcome to) signs are further east at eastfield and also beyond milerhill.

Meadowbank is certainly NOT east lothian. Trust me.

I know it isn't, it's in Edinburgh, any fucker knows that! However, in 2007 (possibly 2005 or 2010 my memory of when this was isn't perfect) East Lothain, along with several other constituencies, held their count at Meadowbank. This time around all the Edinburgh constituencies are holding thier counts at Ingleston. A count does not have to take place in that constituency.

Papers on Newsnicht, Salmond donning the front page of The Sun like a cult hero, The Record screaming about 50,000 words of rage onto the front page.

My how things have changed since 2007! No elaborate cold dead Unionist fearmongering available.

I know it isn't, it's in Edinburgh, any fucker knows that! However, in 2007 (possibly 2005 or 2010 my memory of when this was isn't perfect) East Lothain, along with several other constituencies, held their count at Meadowbank. This time around all the Edinburgh constituencies are holding thier counts at Ingleston. A count does not have to take place in that constituency.

The corn exchange haddington is booked until 5am, this makes me think its for counting and perhaps tv coverage.

I know because my wife is working their 8-5am tommorow. Clearly this doesn't mean for certain the count is their but it seems late if all boxes are getting shipped into edinburgh.

Of course they [The Sun] will have a slight anti-Labour stance but they won't go out of their way to make their inevitable SNP bias obvious.

Nonsense, The Sun are currently Unionist with the capital U. They will do whatever is needed to try and keep nationalism out, like they did in 2007.

Papers on Newsnicht, Salmond donning the front page of The Sun like a cult hero, The Record screaming about 50,000 words of rage onto the front page.

My how things have changed since 2007! No elaborate cold dead Unionist fearmongering available.

1250270182_eve_giggle.gif

VT 0-1 Yoda ;)

Archived