May 2011 Election

xbl

498 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I know its sad, but I'm going to bed in a couple hours, grabbing some rest, and then getting up at 1am for the results. I'm basically like a wean at christmas. :ph34r:

Just like the last 10 mins of Jeff, only less important eh?

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Paddy Power have been wrong before though...

Of course. It doesn't mean it's set in stone. But they're hardly likely to throw away money for the sake of it. Something has informed that decision.

I'm not sure what to do about sleep.

The first results won't be in until around 2am, so I could grab a couple of hours sleep before then. But that might not be the best strategy because I'll probably wake up tired.

I know that I'm capable of pulling an all-nighter but I'll suddenly conk out at around 10pm tomorrow night. Meh...I'll see what happens.

First one's usually not long before midnight, IIRC.

Yep. And the regional list results almost certainly won't be near ready until late tomorrow morning/early afternoon. I think some places don't even start counting them until Friday.

I have an exam tomorrow at 6:30pm, so I reckon I'll probably sit up until 1 or 2 this morning with my notes, and then I'll get up and watch the majority of the coverage through the day tomorrow while doing my final bits of studying.

As far as I'm aware, they're expecting the first Scottish results about 2.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/scotland/scottish-politics/8495468/Scottish-Election-2011-results-map.html

Iain Gray's constituency is one of the first ones to be declared according to that.

Would have preferred it to be later so humiliation came to a climax, but if he loses straight off I think in some ways that would be even funnier.

I was sooooo close to writing a 1 in one box and a 2 in the other on the AV paper just for a laugh. Then I realised I'd just be another idiot statistic.

I was quite tempted to do that as well, but ended up being in a bit of a rush and just put an X in the "yes" box.

Surely if you did they would count it as a yes vote anyway? After all, you'd made it clear it was your first preference...

The polling station near me seemed as busy as I've ever seen it and I always vote around the same time of night. Dunno if a big turnout suits anyone in particular but really hoping Labour get destroyed

The polling station near me seemed as busy as I've ever seen it and I always vote around the same time of night. Dunno if a big turnout suits anyone in particular but really hoping Labour get destroyed

The conventional wisdom is that the lower the turnout, the worse the Labour vote. Hopefully the busy state of your station is auspicious in the other direction.

Iain Gray's constituency is one of the first ones to be declared according to that.

Would have preferred it to be later so humiliation came to a climax, but if he loses straight off I think in some ways that would be even funnier.

East lothian will probably require a recount, and therefore not be declared until 4ish.

From what I seen today I think Kenny McAskill will lose edinburgh east. Labour had a HUGE effort to bus the old folk homes to the polls and they were walking round chapping door making sure all the previous labour voters made it to the polls.

East lothian will probably require a recount, and therefore not be declared until 4ish.

From what I seen today I think Kenny McAskill will lose edinburgh east. Labour had a HUGE effort to bus the old folk homes to the polls and they were walking round chapping door making sure all the previous labour voters made it to the polls.

I suspect that you may be right. Ewan Aitken is so well liked in that area, especially by folk who have been his council constituents for years. I wish we could convert him to the SNP since I suspect that he is inclined that way in terms of his personal politics, excepting the fact that he is a Unionist.

Just heard that Labour are cutting their losses and moved activists from East Lothian over to Glasgow Kelvin to try to shore up Pauline McNeil's vote.

Oooh! Grey gone?

Just heard that Labour are cutting their losses and moved activists from East Lothian over to Glasgow Kelvin to try to shore up Pauline McNeil's vote.

leaving at 8:30 arriving in glasgow at 9:40 for the last 20mins of voting time?

Archived