May 2011 Election

xbl

498 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First edition of the Daily Record calls it for Eck.

oh feck here is Jo Swinson, the worlds worst politician.

She's awful. I've seen her on QT before and comes across as a bumped up prefect from school.

No point staying up until first results in as it'll be a few hours yet unless there's a blinding exit poll somewhere.

There aren't any exit polls. Too wee, too poor etc. :D

Is it a proven fact that activists on the ground manage to sway voters?

I couldn't see me changing my mind due to being encouraged to vote a certain way/encouraged to vote at all if I didn't intend to do so

Good few years back I was pretty much voting for one party, I went to polling station and had to run the gaunlet of that parties activists.

'you'll be voting for us' said an Orc

'aye' I replied thinking f**k that

So I voted for the other lot.

So I can't see it making a difference.

Listening to the radio the now, some blurb about "The Nationalists!", but an exit poll has been produced, with the SNP on 51% to Labours 26% (forgotten exact figures, damn radio), nae chance! :lol:

Talk of the SNP making big gains in the North East, but they reckon Iain Gray will hold his seat.

tried sticking that into Scotlandvtes for a laugh, Scotland goes all yellow apart from one wee patch of red and blue :lol:

Could someone who is right into it give me a 101 on how the regional vote works, why it exists in the first place and is it fair? Am I right in suggesting that the regional vote makes it damn near impossible for certain candidates not to be elected?

Archived