May 2011 Election

xbl

498 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

leaving at 8:30 arriving in glasgow at 9:40 for the last 20mins of voting time?

No the decision was made some point yesterday. Was speaking to a party activist.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just heard that Labour are cutting their losses and moved activists from East Lothian over to Glasgow Kelvin to try to shore up Pauline McNeil's vote.

No the decision was made some point yesterday. Was speaking to a party activist.

Well they weren't there today when I wandered over. Perhaps they arrived later though.

K.

As a resident in East lothian few obs:

1. Gray isn't popular in haddington his home town.

2. Tranent and Prestonpans are "less red" than normal but still out in force.

3. Labour won't win votes on the southern stretch on the coastline.(lib dem/con/snp)

I just voted John McKee The Builder in the Glasgow Cathcart ward.

http://john-mckee.com/Manifesto.asp?PageName=Manifesto

Yeah...

We could have game shows on TV and the prizes could be to fly in our planes and helicopters and push the release button for missiles once it is targeted by our expert pilots. Our stonemasons can carve the stones of our choice, and there will be no need for gargoyles and other monuments of fear.
If you heat gold to a temperature of over 6000 degrees Celsius (for 70 seconds) it will produce a brilliant white light of electricity and this will earth, creating an arc of light from the gold to the earth. You are left with a white powder and when consumed this is known as the elixir of life and it will protect you from illness and disease.

It gets worse:

The banking system is a capital scam to increase division and fear. There are 5 million Scots and speaking hypothetically, if we each earn £100 a week then we need to produce that through our endeavour and trade, so we need £500 million a week to break even, anything more is surplus, anything less is a loss. That’s banking sorted.

:lol:

K.

As a resident in East lothian few obs:

1. Gray isn't popular in haddington his home town.

2. Tranent and Prestonpans are "less red" than normal but still out in force.

3. Labour won't win votes on the southern stretch on the coastline.(lib dem/con/snp)

As a fellow (semi)resident I would say you were pretty much dead on. Was back through to vote today, and as a resident of Haddington I can confirm that he is most certainly not popular there.

Market for next Scottish Labour leader:

David Whitton 11/8

Andy Kerr - 6/4

Jackie Baillie - 4/1

John Park - 10/1

Johann Lamont - 16/1

Des McNulty - 33/1

Karen Gilon - 50/1

Richard Baker - 50/1

Karen Whitefield - 50/1

Jim Murphy - 80/1

Gordon Brown - 200/1

The bolded would do me just fine. The obvious progression :D

Market for next Scottish Labour leader:

David Whitton 11/8

Andy Kerr - 6/4

Jackie Baillie - 4/1

John Park - 10/1

Johann Lamont - 16/1

Des McNulty - 33/1

Karen Gilon - 50/1

Richard Baker - 50/1

Karen Whitefield - 50/1

Jim Murphy - 80/1

Gordon Brown - 200/1

The bolded would do me just fine. The obvious progression :D

There's someone who is positioning themselves for it already who isn't even on that list. #justsaying

Listening to the radio the now, some blurb about "The Nationalists!", but an exit poll has been produced, with the SNP on 51% to Labours 26% (forgotten exact figures, damn radio), nae chance! :lol:

Talk of the SNP making big gains in the North East, but they reckon Iain Gray will hold his seat.

Listening to the radio the now, some blurb about "The Nationalists!", but an exit poll has been produced, with the SNP on 51% to Labours 26% (forgotten exact figures, damn radio), nae chance! :lol:

51%? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I take it that's constituency rather than list? In fairness the TNS poll had 25% Labour on the region IIRC.

I'm listening too, but did they not say it was an opinion poll from some date in April - Yesterday?

The Norn Irish reporter now on saying that Gray looks like he might hang-on, by 'talking to people'.

That wasnt an exit poll - I'm sure they said it was taken around a week ago.

Opinion (not an exit) poll had:

Cons 12 (constituency); 12 (regional)

Lab 26; 22

Lib Dem 4; 3

SNP 51; 53

Green n/a; 5

But it's for the Hate Mail and do you believe what you read in the Hate Mail?

Talk of the SNP making big gains in the North East, but they reckon Iain Gray will hold his seat.

Not a chance that "exit poll" is accurate :lol:

Reports of early evening leafleting by Labour in Eastwood - urging their voters to turn out to prevent Tory win.

Desperate tactics from the discredited and failing Labour party.

Tavish Scott got 66% of the vote last time - wonder what it'll fall too this time round. :huh:

First edition of the Daily Record calls it for Eck.

oh feck here is Jo Swinson, the worlds worst politician.

Just heard that Labour are cutting their losses and moved activists from East Lothian over to Glasgow Kelvin to try to shore up Pauline McNeil's vote.

Is it a proven fact that activists on the ground manage to sway voters?

I couldn't see me changing my mind due to being encouraged to vote a certain way/encouraged to vote at all if I didn't intend to do so

BBC news big Brian said full results tomorrow afternoon.

No point staying up until first results in as it'll be a few hours yet unless there's a blinding exit poll somewhere.

Archived