May 2011 Election

xbl

498 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just been looking at the BBC real-time map, very interesting.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/special/election2011/overview/html/scotland.stm

If SNP land 1 of the constituencies north of the Kincardine Bridge, which is eminently possible, they've an unbroken line running from Peterhead to Stranraer.

They also have a solid line running through the heart of Glasgow, splitting Labour in two.

Looks like the thread breakdowns tomorrow will be:

Ad Lib

I'd almost forgotten he wasn't one of us! Join us! :D

Anniesland - 7 votes, fucking hell!!! When you're up you're up! I hope there isn't a cost to this on the list!

I'd almost forgotten he wasn't one of us! Join us! :D

This is easy to say in hindsight, but if I had any idea the SNP had a dog's chance of winning in Anniesland they'd have had my constituency vote.

Very mixed feelings. Absolute delight at Labour getting a fucking kicking by the SNP but the collapse of my own party is just plain depressing.

Just up more or less. Annoyed that I've missed most of the coverage. Disappointed about the Lib Dem performance however.

Oh and cheerio Iain Gray, he can't survive this.

Just up more or less. Annoyed that I've missed most of the coverage. Disappointed about the Lib Dem performance however.

Crumb of comfort is that early reports suggest the Greens performance on the list isn't as good as predicted. The reason is likely to be more SNP seats, though, rather than any Lib Dem benefit.

Excuse my ignorance, but I'm confused over a couple of things.

What exactly is this list I keep hearing and reading about?

Why are they talking about reaching 65 seats for a majority government when there are only 19 constituencies left meaning the SNP can't get near 65.

Why are they talking about reaching 65 seats for a majority government when there are only 19 constituencies left meaning the SNP can't get near 65.

The remaining MSP's are elected through the list vote.

The regional list makes up a huge bulk of the seats. The constituency performance feeds in to the region to get a more proportional overall result. The SNP are on track to get some of those seats as well.

Archived