The View announce tour

uni

• 1 year later...

Touring and new album out 30th March 2015. Assume new material will be realised soon. Tickets and album pre-order available here - http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/theview

Working in Liverpool next year so I've got tickets for Liverpool and Manchester. Might do Stoke too.

• 2 weeks later...

Nice one. I reckon he doesn't get enough credit for his musical ability.

Agreed. Not a massive View fan by any means, but when he can be bothered, he can write a great pop song - How Long is essentially a Beatles tune if it was written by a ned from Dundee. He also has a great singing voice, despite the fact he sounds about 13 years old and that was apparent at the acoustic gigs.

• 8 years later...
On 20/10/2010 at 18:45, arab_joe said:

Just bought tickets for the Dunfermline gig on 18th December. Should be a good experience, if nothing else: and £10 a ticket is an absolute bargain.

On 02/02/2011 at 16:30, arab_joe said:

...just purchased 5 for the Caird Hall. Excited already.

This feels like a lifetime ago - I saw them at TITP in 2012 and that would be the last time that I saw them.

On 11/02/2011 at 21:42, uni said:

I'd recommend to any View fan that you check out their website to pre order "Bread and Circuses" as you will get a signed sleeve with it ;)

Also a lifetime ago - when we bought CDs.  Listened to that album in my 1996 Fiat Punto many, many times.

I feel quite sad watching the video of them fighting on stage the other night - I must have seen them 15+ times in their prime when I was in my late teens/early 20s, but feels a bit weird watching them play the same songs 15 years on.  I remember meeting one of the band members' girlfriends at a gig they played in a car park (!) in the Overgate and she had a baby in tow, hate to think what that (now teenage) kid thinks watching them scrap and storm off...

Also - why is "Which Bitch?" not on Apple music?