The View announce tour

uni

Came to the conclusion the next album will not be good at all, it's a hard one to admit but I just cannot see it being good. Songs are poor and sounding over produced.

• 3 weeks later...

Pre-ordered the album, hopefully it'll arrive tomorrow morning. Absolutely love 'How Long' and 'Hold On Now' is really starting to grow on me - got high hopes for this album after the last one, which by their standards was poor.

Best album yet. Certainly on par with Hats Off to the Buskers anyway. Just need to find a ticket for Thursday's gig in Glasgow now!

Can't agree with that on first impression, and I'd have had Hats Off as their third-best thus far too.

I don't know what it is, it's just a bit.. pedestrian. How Long, Hold On Now, Hole in the Bed and Sour Little Sweetie break it up a bit but sadly, that apart, I was a wee bit bored. The View are normally fast, frantic, dancey even. This album lacks a Grace, or a Beautiful, or a Double Yellow Lines, or a Superstar Tradesman, or a Wasted Little Dj's, or a Comin Down...

That's not to say I think it's a bad album as such, it's just not very good. Definitely their poorest thus far on first impression for me.

Edited by Paco

First listen and it's probably my least favourite so far. Hopefully it's a grower.

Although saying that I do like some of the songs. How Long, Sour Little Sweetie, Hold On Now and Tacky Tattoo are probably my favourites.

Its a good album, no where near as good as Which Bitch or Hats Off though. Its on par with Bread and Circuses although I am enjoying listening to it I cannot help but think that they could be doing better.

Really enjoying it so far. AB, Anfield Row, Bullet and Bunker are my favourites. I think it certainly starts stronger than it finishes but it's pretty solid throughout.

Listened to it 5 times through today and it has grown on me already, forget what I said earlier, this album is a topper!

Really enjoying it so far. AB, Anfield Row, Bullet and Bunker are my favourites. I think it certainly starts stronger than it finishes but it's pretty solid throughout.

I honestly thought the exact opposite. First couple of songs did nothing for me but was enjoying it towards the end.

Heard the single last night, thought it was rubbish tbh and the video was quite disturbing. I'll need to get the album and give it a proper listen though. I loved HOTTB, WB & Bread & Circuses.

Really hope it's the weakest song on the album much like 5rebeccas was from Which Bitch?

Heard the single last night, thought it was rubbish tbh and the video was quite disturbing. I'll need to get the album and give it a proper listen though. I loved HOTTB, WB & Bread & Circuses.

Really hope it's the weakest song on the album much like 5rebeccas was from Which Bitch?

How Long is a brilliant song. ohmy.gif

I've quite liked all three View albums, and I really liked the last one, 'Bread & Circuses, but I canny get into this one at all. It all sounds a bit old, and dare I say, a bit bland. There's not a single track that makes me want to stop and listen to it again in the way 'Blondie ' did on the last album or 'Temptation. Dice ' did on the one before that. Dull fayre really.

I've quite liked all three View albums, and I really liked the last one, 'Bread & Circuses, but I canny get into this one at all. It all sounds a bit old, and dare I say, a bit bland. There's not a single track that makes me want to stop and listen to it again in the way 'Blondie ' did on the last album or 'Temptation. Dice ' did on the one before that. Dull fayre really.

Kind of thought this at first but had it on many times now and it's definitely a grower. Can't get enough of Bullet and Bunker now.

It's currently 3rd in the mid-week UK chart (1st in Scotland obviously) so looks likely to be their second most successful album since Which Bitch got to 4 and B+C was only 14th.