The Falkirk FC Thread

Alston

6 Months left on his contract and we have offered him new terms so i guess we would be due a development fee if he does move on and the fact we are actively looking at right midfielders says he could be off.

Edited by gav-ffc

What makes you say that?

I like him as a player, think he's under rated by many of our fans.

Just a gut feeling.

They struggled to get him to sign his last contract. I just think he will go - been around too long. I think he will want a fresh challenge.

I like him as a player too.

Blair Alston of 2-3 seasons ago was by far my favourite player

PLayed centrally in the classical number 8 position he was great, full of neat touches and clever runs

At a time when we scored very little from midfield he was a godsend

He lost form a fair bit over the last couple of seasons so its good to see him rediscovering his form and his scoring boots

Scored a few beauties too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OC5IuNgOKic

Great finisher but not really a right sided midfielder. Far better through the middle but we've got a pile of options there unfortunately for him.

Yes its fair to say his loss of form coincided with him being shifted wide right. Shame as hes potentially our biggest goal threat from midfield

Wasnt he top scorer a few seasons back?

I'd hate to see him go, but if he does I hope he gets a good move

Will always love Alston for that beautiful moment at EEP on Boxing day a few years back.

Lyle Taylor chases down a lost cause and rips the ball into the centre.

I look up and there rushing in with the ball right in front of him is Mr Alston.

A last minute winner and total scenes in the away end.

Found a new level of drunk that night.

Agreed. A big favourite over the last few years with a real knack of coming up with the goods in big games.

Famed for the "Alston flick"; that thing he does where the ball is behind him and he sticks his leg out to flick it through a tiny gap in a defence. Or out for a throw.

Alston had a poor season last year by his standards,tho came good near the end. I actually thot our management team would let him go, after all its their first look at him for a season and he didnt really do it till last few months. He is providing great balance for our midfield on the right at the moment, that some supporters may not see, he is covering well on the right and centre and even on opposite side when needed as well as attacking. I hope he is still here next season and beyond but its perhaps that he wants to play central.

Top moments surely are Hamilton cup goal and the best celebrated goal at the TFS v QOS, both showing he comes up with important goals in important games

Think Alston has always done the hidden work like closing people down and providing others with options. Does not get the credit he deserves often. Would love to keep him in the team but if he gets a good pay day down south he has earned it

I doubt he will be on the radar of English clubs unless its an Elvis raid

Remember at Livingston that wee back heeled flick to Duffie who crossed for mad Phil to get his hat trick?

Edit to say that I'd be really unhappy if he moves. I think he's a cracking player although he has lost his way a bit, particularly last season. Coming back to nearer his best form again now though and If I was Houstie I'd be offering him a pay rise!

Edited by ShaggerG

Alston's a funny one. I always thought out of fulton, mcgrandles, sibbs etc a few seasons ago that he would be the one to kick on. I know sibbs is still with us but he is destined for much bigger things. Alston however I feel may have just ran his course with the club. He seems to have a great attitude and I think he is a good player but to benefit his own career I think it may be a mutual decision to part ways.

[post=http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/01/19/english-eyes-on-falkirk-star-blair-alston/?utm_medium=share%2Bbutton&utm_campaign=social%2Bmedia&utm_content=/en-gb/2016/01/19/english-eyes-on-falkirk-star-blair-alston/&utm_source=Twitter]Alston[/post]

6 Months left on his contract and we have offered him new terms so i guess we would be due a development fee if he does move on and the fact we are actively looking at right midfielders says he could be off.

Would you? Will he not be 24 by the summer?