The Falkirk FC Thread

Missed the budget reduction chat - can you let me know the reason why our budget dropped by that amount? Why did the revenue decrease so substantially?

I'll bite

Ritchie and Co making a string of horrific decisions, and I will include giving SP the job when they did on the back of allowing Hughes to overspend and allowing GC to give his pal the job after Hughes left.

Heard Falkirk are putting the prices of their season tickets up by about £55 next season? Any truth in this?

If we go up I would think this will be not far off.

Stay down it will be much smaller as it has been held for 3 or 4 years now

I'm not disputing that he done well in blooding the youngsters, and he did land some decent signings. Farid, Higginbotham, Taylor, Leahy were all excellent IMO.

What I can't agree with though is that blooding the youngsters were somehow his plan or anyway his doing. His hand was forced and short of doing himself out of his first managerial job, and more than likely dent his chances or another role in management, he had to suck it up.

I would not disagree with that but on the other side whoever came in was working under those conditions too. It gave SP a free run at it. Fail he could point to the budget making it impossible

If we go up I would think this will be not far off.

Stay down it will be much smaller as it has been held for 3 or 4 years now

If we stay down, I can't see it going up to be honest.

Will be interesting how they price any future East stand. ie West stand prime seating or in line with South stand.

Was the financial problems of relegation not increased by the fact that Super George didnt make sure that the players had relegation clauses in their contracts which meant that the likes of BOB were getting paid thousands for kicking a ball in the second top flight?

Will be interesting how they price any future East stand. ie West stand prime seating or in line with South stand.

I suspect the pricing will be broken down in to categories

-Main Stand Upper (prime)

-Main Stand Lower and East Stand

-North & South Stands

I suspect the pricing will be broken down in to categories

-Main Stand Upper (prime)

-Main Stand Lower and East Stand

-North & South Stands

That's how I expected it to be...if and when anything is built on the East Stand side

I don't think the plan was ever to build the east stand like the west. Whilst it would look smart as f**k, we will never (unless I win the euromillions) have the funds to build another stand like that. We would never need the 'upper' seating, hospitality suites etc anyway as what we have in the West is already more than enough.

As far as I know the east was always proposed to be the same height as the north & south and I think that's what we should aim for. 

Hopefully with safe standing, and academy facilities built in it. Maybe even a proper club shop. 

Any sort of completed stadium is better than 3 sides/3 sides plus temp stands imo. Given when just 3400 away fans come, the current stadium is full - I'd argue we need the extra seats. I was at the St Johnstone Dundee game recently and 4,500 fans inside a 10,000 seater stadium wasn't too bad, and waaay better than having an empty side.

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876

I don't think the plan was ever to build the east stand like the west. Whilst it would look smart as f**k, we will never (unless I win the euromillions) have the funds to build another stand like that. We would never need the 'upper' seating, hospitality suites etc anyway as what we have in the West is already more than enough.

As far as I know the east was always proposed to be the same height as the north & south and I think that's what we should aim for. 

Hopefully with safe standing, and academy facilities built in it. Maybe even a proper club shop. 

Any sort of completed stadium is better than 3 sides/3 sides plus temp stands imo. Given when just 3400 away fans come, the current stadium is full - I'd argue we need the extra seats. I was at the St Johnstone Dundee game recently and 4,500 fans inside a 10,000 seater stadium wasn't too bad, and waaay better than having an empty side.

I saw a drawing at one stage that had the East the same size as the West, I think there were plans for a hotel as opposed to hospitality/office suites etc.

That drawing also had corner pods.

Absolute pie in the sky stuff.

I think they will put it up - a tenner maybe. 

I would if is was the club - raise 30k - another player

Budget wasn't vastly reduced in line with a 75% decrease in revenue as a direct result of relegation nah?

Don't get what you are saying TBH.

The playing budget dropped by that amount. I remember a Director saying that at a public meeting and also saying that SP was working with one hand tied behind his back. 

I saw a drawing at one stage that had the East the same size as the West, I think there were plans for a hotel as opposed to hospitality/office suites etc.

That drawing also had corner pods.

Absolute pie in the sky stuff.

Was it this one?

11701207_10207819987400536_5010076836556

Pretty sure the north, south and east stands are all the same height in this (see how the corner pods are higher than all but the west stand), made to look taller by the way the offices behind them wrap up and over the top of the roofs.

It was be absolutely brilliant to see it completely finished one day - but getting the 4th stand done would be an excellent start

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876

Was it this one?

11701207_10207819987400536_5010076836556

Pretty sure the north, south and east stands are all the same height in this (see how the corner pods are higher than all but the west stand), made to look taller by the way the offices behind them wrap up and over the top of the roofs.

It was be absolutely brilliant to see it completely finished one day - but getting the 4th stand done would be an excellent start

Very similar to that, but I definitely saw one that had the same roof structure on the East as the West. It would be absolutely fantastic to have something like that, I agree.

Very similar to that, but I definitely saw one that had the same roof structure on the East as the West. It would be absolutely fantastic to have something like that, I agree.

Could have been the drawing used for this? Doesn't show the corner pods but west and east look the same size.

btshirt.jpg