The Falkirk FC Thread

Some shite being spouted about Hibs on here today :lol:

Unfounded, I think the SC win will propel you to the top tier. Regardless of who you lose, i think you will attract equal if not better quality and the added budget will supplement who you need to mount that challenge. 

Scottish Cup Winning Legend, Alan Stubbs? That one?

Hope they sort it out soon.

Whilst you more than deserved your cup win Stubbs has yet to prove he can do it over a 36 plus game season and not a 5 game sprint like the cups. I'd expect Hibs to be favourites again and maybe he will learn from his mistakes eventually and sign a bit more variety on the player front.  Playing Hibs last season suited us as their not  a big physical team like Kilmarnock. and defensively they were very frail.  If we can keep our better players and add a bit more bite we should be there or there about but this season does put into perspective what you need to do to get promoted.

Whilst you more than deserved your cup win Stubbs has yet to prove he can do it over a 36 plus game season and not a 5 game sprint like the cups. I'd expect Hibs to be favourites again and maybe he will learn from his mistakes eventually and sign a bit more variety on the player front.  Playing Hibs last season suited us as their not  a big physical team like Kilmarnock. and defensively they were very frail.  If we can keep our better players and add a bit more bite we should be there or there about but this season does put into perspective what you need to do to get promoted.

Who gives a shit, we won the Scottish Cup.

I thought this was a Falkirk thread, the unwashed have their own 2016/17 thread started quite some months ago.

Now back to all things Falkirk.

This is a multi-club forum, fans of other teams post on other fans threads. You're just going to have to deal with it, I'm afraid.

We'll absolutely romp the league next season.

You're probably right, I can't see us having as good a season as we did this year and there's surely no way Hibs will blow such a huge budget for a third season in a row in the league.

St Mirren will undoubtedly improve on last year but the likes of Clarkson and Hutton don't worry me. Raith have appointed a buffoon so will drop off. Dunfermline have a fairly settled squad but are unproven at this level. Dundee United are a complete wildcard as they've no players but will probably have a decent budget.

My fear is that Houston signs a bunch of the jobbers Dundee United let go, haddies like Sean Dillon or John Rankin. We should be looking to the lower leagues or down South for players with something to prove.

You're probably right, I can't see us having as good a season as we did this year and there's surely no way Hibs will blow such a huge budget for a third season in a row in the league.

St Mirren will undoubtedly improve on last year but the likes of Clarkson and Hutton don't worry me. Raith have appointed a buffoon so will drop off. Dunfermline have a fairly settled squad but are unproven at this level. Dundee United are a complete wildcard as they've no players but will probably have a decent budget.

My fear is that Houston signs a bunch of the jobbers Dundee United let go, haddies like Sean Dillon or John Rankin. We should be looking to the lower leagues or down South for players with something to prove.

I'd still expect you to finish in the play-offs, which puts so much more meaning in the season for everyone with a realistic shot at the top 4.