The Falkirk FC Thread

Absolutely no reason why we can't go for the league. Dundee Utd will go into admin, hibs will get a hefty fine lose some of their players and will have to rebuild. We have much the same squad who,with some additions will improve under housty. #COY

That's if we don't lose players either, why are people so sure utd  are going into admin?

To settle for 3rd is a tragic state of affairs. Is that how low we need to sink?

This is why I am bitterly disappointed about Sunday. The players got a hero's send off and we as fans got nothing but good game memories. Show the colour of money and just go for it. 

Lot of ifs and buts for the coming season Dundee Utd have cut their cloth and be hard to see them going straight back up Hibs have the added distraction of Europe well for about 2 games anyway but they either bankroll europe and going up and if it doesnt pay off for them this time they have got to be screwed, also with that Stokes and Henderson back to Celtic and possibly Cummings away.

Houstie has shown what he can do on a limited budget and squad the right signings i dont see any reason why we cant take the top spot providing we can keep a good core of the players we have just now Vaulks for starts.

To settle for 3rd is a tragic state of affairs. Is that how low we need to sink?

This is why I am bitterly disappointed about Sunday. The players got a hero's send off and we as fans got nothing but good game memories. Show the colour of money and just go for it.

Over the last 3/4 seasons 3rd is above your average finish in the league. I think Hibs and Falkirk will more than likely battle it out for the title but it's very early to make concrete predictions. Dundee Utd might struggle to find their feet but if Ray does a similar job to the one at Raith they may well be challenging aswell.

Over the last 3/4 seasons 3rd is above your average finish in the league.

Thing is, in the 6 years we have been down we have finished 3rd 4 times, so unfortunately it's something we have become accustomed to.

Hibs gony Hibs, too unpredictable in how their season will go but should be favourites, when St Mirren first came down a lot of people thought they would be challenging but instead became an album track in the league. I think Utd could go the same way however they have a new manager to start the season with which could work wonders for them if the squad is built wisely. St Mirren having a fresh crack at the league as well. I think Raith will be like Queens next season and regress form this seasons efforts. No idea how the other teams will fair.

Can't say I'm overly impressed by any of the other teams signings so far. Most are pretty run of the mill like David Clarkson for instance. The other bonus for us is that there must be a decent chance that Stubbs will still be at hibs now and whilst they won the cup he was found wanting again over a 36 game plus season. Who knows what DU will be like as they've got virtually an entire new team to get and Raith Rovers and Queens have new men at the helm.  Would be good to get some decent signings added asap. We badly need cover at the back and some bulk in the middle of the park.

Unless we invest in a few more Premiership capable players I can't see us getting near winning this league. 

Hibs will be overwhelming favourites for me. 

After Sunday a huge bit of me wishes Hibs had knocked us out as we are nowhere further forward. 

I believe they would have beaten Kilmarnock. A relegated Kilmarnock would have been a much easier hurdle to get over than a club who have just broken a 114 year hoodoo and all the confidence that will bring. 

Ok Hibs will lose players but they will bring in a bit of quality to replace that. 

Pretty doom and gloom I guess but Sunday was another huge opportunity lost just as was the Holt season when a little bit of investment at the team in January would have seen us promoted instead of Dundee considering how close we finished behind them. 

Hibs got a lot to lose gamble big on the home and away game in Europe in the chance they might do something, lose ground in the league and at the end of the season have a serious budget issue for the prospect of a 4th season in the championship, Dundee utd released a lot of players and have an uphill battle i reckon.  

My thoughts are St Mirren began to get a bit form towards the end of the season so providing they dont change too much should be in the play offs as i reckon will Morton.  agree on thoughts with Raith that and the fact its Gary Locke QotS new management team in place.

Over the last 3/4 seasons 3rd is above your average finish in the league. I think Hibs and Falkirk will more than likely battle it out for the title but it's very early to make concrete predictions. Dundee Utd might struggle to find their feet but if Ray does a similar job to the one at Raith they may well be challenging aswell.

Yes i know but how sad is that that we're settling for that. I suppose it's one way to guarantee the clubs future buy staying within your means but by christ its depressing settling for second best season in season out. I mind when Jobby McCall got the war chest and won the league at a canter with free flowing football. Owen Coyle finished top goal scorer. It seems that those days are gone for the most of us.