The Falkirk FC Thread

Why have you changed your avatar from the Scottish Cup winning hero, m9?

After being pumped yesterday the memory of us getting it right round Keatz last week is tinged with a little sadness.

Just didn't need it.

What's the story with Liam Dick? Can't remember if he's on loan or not?

Is he good enough to potentially replace Leahy? Or at least get the opportunity to make the position his?

He's on loan to Stranraer and his contract expires in the summer (the duration was announced on the website January '13 when he got an extension).

It seems reasonable to assume he'll be leaving us. I would say Tony Gallacher is a better prospect and that in time he'll replace Leahy.

Can't find anything online about the length of Paul Watson's contract

Nor will you. The club are being very cagy nowadays about announcing contract durations. Nothing was specified on the website when he signed.

..... though he volunteered the information in his very first Falkirk TV interview!

That's Kevin McCann confirmed as away on Twitter. Surely ranks up there with Toufik Zerara, Mehdi Khalis, Kenny Deuchar and Iain Flannigan as the most pointless signing ever.

He was signed to cover Aaron Muirhead as at the time the big man was only one booking away from suspension. (as per Peter Houston in a press interview)

I suspect that had McCann showed up well, he would have been given an extension before the end of the season. As it was he got injured shortly after signing and has barely featured since.

Where are people getting the idea that Craigen is to replace Alston? A left footed player who perhaps lacks a bit of pace is what Raith Rovers fans have said. Sounds like another one of our midfielders...

I watched Raith Rovers 5 times last season, 4 of these against us, got to be honest never really noticed him except after after he signed his PCA...he played right mid against us at Starks Park and again was on the right when I took in the RR v. Hibs semi final play off. I must add that I wasn't overly impressed by him, thought he lacked pace and was quiet both games, in fact come to think of it he was hooked in both games after 60 mins or so.

Looked a bit lightweight

He's on loan to Stranraer and his contract expires in the summer (the duration was announced on the website January '13 when he got an extension).

It seems reasonable to assume he'll be leaving us. I would say Tony Gallacher is a better prospect and that in time he'll replace Leahy.

I suppose a lot will depend on how he has progressed at Stranraer and his wage if signed on again. I watched him in the Celtic cup game and didn't look out of place, shouting at Willie Gibson in a manner to show he has took on more responsibility.

Did Dick not start off as a centre half ?

Having that in his locker, may help him if he has progressed after we were forced to play Alston at right back and players below fitness levels at centre half.

I fear Vaulks will be gone this summer

I think we are likely to see bids for Vaulks & maybe Sibbald this summer.

I'd have said Peter Grant but as he's injured I doubt anyone will gamble.

Which youngster if any, is heading to Swansea 😜

Based on Biabi's limited appearances last season, O'Hara?

Edited by RC55 FFC

Its a difficult one as at least two sides are bound to have a bigger budget than us in DU and Hibs. Splashing out on players guarantees very little and this season has shown how hard the playoffs really are. The sensible target would again be 3rd place and anything else is a bonus.

Its a difficult one as at least two sides are bound to have a bigger budget than us in DU and Hibs. Splashing out on players guarantees very little and this season has shown how hard the playoffs really are. The sensible target would again be 3rd place and anything else is a bonus.

Comments like this show how we've kinda gone backwards in the twelve years or so since we last won the league.

Back then every single year we'd be aiming to win the league.

Of course we didn't have sleeping Giants like Hibs or Dundee Utd in the league at that point, but what's happened is the likes of Hamilton, Partick and Ross County have overtaken us as a club and left us in the rear view mirror

Absolutely no reason why we can't go for the league. Dundee Utd will go into admin, hibs will get a hefty fine lose some of their players and will have to rebuild. We have much the same squad who,with some additions will improve under housty. #COYB