The Falkirk FC Thread

That's me got my first season ticket since the 07/08 season.

A mixture of working weekends and a tough couple of years financially I finally have the time to go and money to afford it.

My little one has been signed up for one also.

Is junior even a year old yet?

It'll be nice to see Peter Houston back at Cliftonhill on Saturday - been a while since he played for Rovers.

Our chairman has posted the following:

On Saturday we welcome Falkirk along to Cliftonhill for our second pre-season friendly.

Kick off is 3 and prices are:

£10 adult
£5 concession
£3 kids under 16

The £2 off each price offer is still on when showing a 2016/17 season ticket for either club. Rovers' season tickets will be on sale at the side gate from 1.30.

Both clubs have agreed that a third of the gate money will go towards helping the family of Falkirk's media officer Gordon McFarlane. Gordon suffered a serious stroke this time last year and the family are trying to raise money towards the significant alterations required to his house. There will also be a bucket collection for this very worthwhile cause.

Ronnie Boyd

1 hour ago, roy of the rovers said:

It'll be nice to see Peter Houston back at Cliftonhill on Saturday - been a while since he played for Rovers.

I remember Houstie coming on as a sub for Falkirk at Cliftonhill and almost immediately pulling off a slide-tackle / foul & handball combo before getting back on his feet and striding away with the ball as if nothing had happened and without the referee pulling him up for any of his misdemeanors  - was right in front of the away support as well.

Almost made up for the wee laddies chucking bricks over the wall at us during half time.

I remember Houstie coming on as a sub for Falkirk at Cliftonhill and almost immediately pulling off a slide-tackle / foul & handball combo before getting back on his feet and striding away with the ball as if nothing had happened and without the referee pulling him up for any of his misdemeanors  - was right in front of the away support as well.

Almost made up for the wee laddies chucking bricks over the wall at us during half time.

You can Remember Peter Houston as a player? How did you get to the game, on a pterodactyl?

Heard we are looking at Dominic Cervi, former Celtic and Morton goalkeeper. Anyone know any further?

Back up to Mehmet I would imagine. I seen that Rogers is away with Aberdeen today for the European game.

Edit to say it looks like he hadn't signed for anyone after leaving Celtic in 2012.

1 hour ago, gav-ffc said:

Back up to Mehmet I would imagine. I seen that Rogers is away with Aberdeen today for the European game

Given we know Aberdeen said Rogers can go out on loan again.

Given we know Houstie wants him back

Also noted that he's away with Aberdeen in Europe and not signed for anyone.

Am I mad for thinking he's coming back here but playing Cover for Aberdeen in Europe in the meantime?