The Falkirk FC Thread

8 hours ago, RC55 FFC said:

I enjoyed last Saturday's friendly and we played some neat stuff at times.

Be interesting to see who starts up front, I think it will be Austin & McHugh tbh.

I think the team will be:

Danny Rogers

Lewis Kidd
Luca Gasparotto
Paul Watson
Luke Leahy

Mark Kerr

Craig Sibbald
Will Vaulks
James Craigen

Bob McHugh
Nathan Austin

Subs:
Deniz Mehmet
Aaron Muirhead
Tony Gallagher
Myles Hippolyte
Kevin O'Hara
John Baird
Lee Miller

You can tell the strength is there this year when there could be no room for David McCracken & Scott Shepherd with Tom Taiwo, Peter Grant & Liam Henderson still to come in to the equation.

Would like to see us line up like this on Saturday. Now that O'Hara is 5th choice we should probably loan him out somewhere so he can get some proper 1st team experience this season.

On an entirely unrelated note, anyone know who's motor this is?

13620064_1152550998122146_53514178579203

Austin does appear to know where the goals are.

As well as that though I liked his hunger on Sat to win tackles and his strength will be another asset. Too early to say how he'll do in the Championship but I'm excited to find out.

In terms of strikers...Including the play-offs last season,in the league

Baird got 17 goals last season (and missed two penalties).

McHugh got 8 from 14 starts and a dozen sub appearances. He missed 2 & a 1/2 months of the season through injury and got 6 of those 8 from the middle of March onward (when he was finally match sharp imo)

Having McHugh fit from the start of the season *touches wood* should already mean we have more goals in the team than this time last season.

Miller got 6 from roughly the same amount of game time as McHugh, and he took a few weeks to get up and running.

As a result of having those 3 ready to go, there is no pressure on Austin to start finding the net right away imo, he can be phased in to the team if necessary. Though from what I saw against Albion Rovers he looked a very good prospect.

In terms of strikers...Including the play-offs last season,in the league

Baird got 17 goals last season (and missed two penalties).

McHugh got 8 from 14 starts and a dozen sub appearances. He missed 2 & a 1/2 months of the season through injury and got 6 of those 8 from the middle of March onward (when he was finally match sharp imo)

Having McHugh fit from the start of the season *touches wood* should already mean we have more goals in the team than this time last season.

Miller got 6 from roughly the same amount of game time as McHugh, and he took a few weeks to get up and running.

As a result of having those 3 ready to go, there is no pressure on Austin to start finding the net right away imo, he can be phased in to the team if necessary. Though from what I saw against Albion Rovers he looked a very good prospect.

When was the last time Baird scored in the league, seemed to go off the boil in the last quarter of the season?

5 hours ago, Senor Bairn said:

When was the last time Baird scored in the league, seemed to go off the boil in the last quarter of the season?

Queen of the South away in early April. He only managed 5 league goals since the turn of the year, though, having gotten 13 between August and the end of the year.

20 hours ago, RC55 FFC said:

I enjoyed last Saturday's friendly and we played some neat stuff at times.

Be interesting to see who starts up front, I think it will be Austin & McHugh tbh.

I think the team will be:

Danny Rogers

Lewis Kidd
Luca Gasparotto
Paul Watson
Luke Leahy

Mark Kerr

Craig Sibbald
Will Vaulks
James Craigen

Bob McHugh
Nathan Austin

Subs:
Deniz Mehmet
Aaron Muirhead
Tony Gallagher
Myles Hippolyte
Kevin O'Hara
John Baird
Lee Miller

You can tell the strength is there this year when there could be no room for David McCracken & Scott Shepherd with Tom Taiwo, Peter Grant & Liam Henderson still to come in to the equation.

That is a very strong starting 11 and a squad with some depth especially your attacking options. Looking forward to seeing the boy Austin play. Always seems to get good reviews.

Was embarrassing when Muirhead was suspended and Alston had to play there against Raith.

Really showed a lack of depth and preperation from the 2nd best team in the league.

As for strength this season, just having Grant back makes us stronger. Our once proud defensive record collapsed after he got injured at Livi.