The Falkirk FC Thread

Worth noting that according to SKY in their Rotheham season preview they've got the Vaulks fee as £440,000 which tbh is a very good deal for us. Still baffling that none of it can be made available for another couple of midfielders though.

Half that number and take off another 20 and you'll be nearer the price we got for him.

3 minutes ago, Crawford Baptie said:

Half that number and take off another 20 and you'll be nearer the price we got for him.

Triple that number, divide by six/sevenths, add your birth year, take away your inside leg measurement and that's what we got for him. #intheknow

If we only got approx 200k for him then that's pretty poor going to be honest. Wouldn't be surprised though with the clowns in our boardroom who tend to take the first half decent bid that comes along. Its no wonder Rotherham were in for him at that sort of price .I suppose next years accounts will give us some idea but by then the heat will have died down. 

Triple that number, divide by six/sevenths, add your birth year, take away your inside leg measurement and that's what we got for him. #intheknow

No trying to be a smartarse or anything here, but how do you know?

I only ask as I see occasionally some stuff posted on here and wonder if its people who are within the club and genuinely know this stuff?

My mate was in the room with Vaulks, Danny Rogers and Sibbs when Vaulks took the call from his agent confirming that the club accepted the bid.

Barnsley actually came back in with a better offer but Vaulks had already given his word on the deal with Stubbs.

Harkins would be a disastrous signing. We need someone who can run. 

Gary Harkins pished all over your midfield last season in the cup.

It was quite embarrassing tbh after hearing how vaulks and "sibbs" were going to tear us up for shitey paper.

For clarity, he'd immediately be your best player. He's signing for Hamilton* anyway so it's a moot point.

*true as of last Thursday

1 hour ago, Deefiant said:

It was quite embarrassing tbh after hearing how vaulks and "sibbs" were going to tear us up for shitey paper.

Surely nobody actually said that. I don't care enough to check but I can't believe that to be true.

Harkins would do well for us if used the right way but there's absolutely no chance our board will commit to that outlay with no chance of selling him on for a fee. Presumably he'd be looking to stay at Premiership level anyway.

3 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

No trying to be a smartarse or anything here, but how do you know?

I only ask as I see occasionally some stuff posted on here and wonder if its people who are within the club and genuinely know this stuff?

There are people who post on here who have, shall we say, an association with certain players. Which is why if a trialist appears in a U20 game he often gets named either on here or social media. 

The problem is that so much shite gets posted it can be difficulty to separate the accurate from the asinine.  

2 hours ago, Deefiant said:

Gary Harkins pished all over your midfield last season in the cup.

For clarity, he'd immediately be your best player. He's signing for Hamilton* anyway so it's a moot point.

*true as of last Thursday

Hes also played against us a number of times before and done the square root of feck all. Hes a frustrating player who can be great one game and then do nothing the next one.  Thats why at the age of 31 hes already on the way down.

Hes also played against us a number of times before and done the square root of feck all. Hes a frustrating player who can be great one game and then do nothing the next one.  Thats why at the age of 31 hes already on the way down.

He's looking likely to join Hamilton, a team who continue to operate a division above Falkirk and the same level as he currently plays.

Thank you.

Aye but you wouldnt choose to go from dundee to hamton would you? Obviously teams in the top flight have hardly been queing up for his services so hes ended up at hamilton.

He lives close to Hamilton so that's his preference. He's spoken to 2 other top flight clubs and 4 championship teams.

He's only leaving Dundee due to a falling out with the gaffer. 9/10 Dee's would keep him.

1 hour ago, Deefiant said:

He's looking likely to join Hamilton, a team who continue to operate a division above Falkirk and the same level as he currently plays.

Thank you.

Stating the obvious but Hamilton that the team that couldn't buy a win(with their own money,not someone else's) managed to stop Dundee finishing in the top 6 for a bigger cash prize By beating them.

To think, those earned £'s may have gave you the cash to keep your top goalscorer instead of flogging him for £250k, Stewart will be next probably for less or nothing. That's where Scottish football is now, a game of who can piss higher....

Never been overly impressed with Harkins in seeing him v us, his best games I've seen him in were on tv. If we were interested, I reckon it would've blocked Sibbalds progress, tho Harkins has the killer pass thats missing from Sibbalds game and what we are missing.

42 minutes ago, Deefiant said:

He lives close to Hamilton so that's his preference. He's spoken to 2 other top flight clubs and 4 championship teams.

He's only leaving Dundee due to a falling out with the gaffer. 9/10 Dee's would keep him.

Morton fans seem to think that he lives very close to Cappielow.

Harkins would be a good addition at this level but is probably a luxury we can't afford. We need a good box to box midfielder and he sure couldn't be accused of being that.