The Falkirk FC Thread

3 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

Gasparotto looks weak as piss to me, the likes of Grant Holt or John Sutton will ragdoll him.

Not a chance. Luca had the beating of Nade every time we played last season, and I'd say he would be more of a handful than Sutton/Holt. He can more than handle himself with the physical duels. 

Not a chance. Luca had the beating of Nade every time we played last season, and I'd say he would be more of a handful than Sutton/Holt. He can more than handle himself with the physical duels. 

Nade that was so successful he signed for Stranraer

Our centrehalf pairing is the least of our worries. When grant comes back he and Gasparotto will do well. Its the slow one paced midfield that worries me. With hippo out the picture theres noone who can scare the opposition with pace or trickery whilst kerr and rankin lack a goal threat. Neither craigen or sibbald have the pace to play out wide.

Leahy is miles better as a defender than Kidd. Fortunately the latter won't be playing next weekend.

Agreed. Think kidd has a nice touch but unfortunately against better championship sides he will prove way too slow in getting up the park and back quick enough. Per Stirling albion game

Luck and Grant has the potential to be the best CB pairing in the league. That also comes with the added bonus on Watson being dropped.

Bit harsh on Watson, he's improved a lot over the past season. But agreed, looking forward to seeing Luca & Grant. Any idea how long till Grant is back?

Worth noting that according to SKY in their Rotheham season preview they've got the Vaulks fee as £440,000 which tbh is a very good deal for us. Still baffling that none of it can be made available for another couple of midfielders though.

10 hours ago, Bigbri Bairn2 said:

Hippo is very much a confidence type of player. He needs playing time to build confidence and I don't see him getting that soon. Thought him and Austin could be a good attacking combo with Hippo providing the crosses

I can only presume that he isn't doing enough on the training pitch to convince Houstie that he's worth a place. The fact that he was given a game on Thursday would suggest that all is not rosey between him and the manager and that he needs to get his finger out if he's to break into the first team. Its guys like him that we need to step up to the plate this season as as has ben already mentioned we badly lack creativity and pace.

10 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I can only presume that he isn't doing enough on the training pitch to convince Houstie that he's worth a place. The fact that he was given a game on Thursday would suggest that all is not rosey between him and the manager and that he needs to get his finger out if he's to break into the first team. Its guys like him that we need to step up to the plate this season as as has ben already mentioned we badly lack creativity and pace.

It's annoying actually, You can see he's exactly what we need in the team but he's either the best player on the pitch or effectively a man down. Still, I'd have him in the team unless we sign someone else with a bit of pace/creativity. Plus i think everyone wants to see Sibbs in the centre to see the effect he can have.